Zoom on the Yamaha EF6300iSDE
In summary, the Yamaha EF6300iSDE is a quiet portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Food van owners who know that just a short power outage could lose them hundreds of dollars
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
Power & Run Time
The Yamaha EF6300iSDE houses a 357 cc Yamaha MZ360 OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120/240V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 5500W along with a peak wattage of 6300W.
The inverter generator features a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 58 dBA (less noisy than rainfall). For additional convenience, the EF6300iSDE may also be remotely started (separate purchase).
This generator features Yamaha's Smart Throttle™. This load-sensing feature automatically adjusts engine speed to match its load in order to offer greater fuel efficiency and noise reduction.
With a fuel capacity of 4.5 gallons, the EF6300iSDE may run for up to 13.3 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.34 GPH).
The EF6300iSDE generates a clean sine wave: providing <4% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the upcoming 4 AC outlets:
This Yamaha generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, due to the featured twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the EF6300iSDE is transfer switch ready: you may connect it to a breaker box to power your household during a power outage.
As the Yamaha EF6300iSDE is an inverter generator, its encased design (L30.7 x W24.3 x H27.2 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
Since the generator weighs 200 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Still, once it is on the ground, its wheel kit and its double handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
Monitoring of the EF6300iSDE's status and activity is made possible by a digital data center, which provides information on the lifetime run hours and is one of the features of its control panel.
In addition to this info, when the generator is ready, the generator is on overload and the oil level is too low, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Watch system), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Yamaha's Oil Watch warning system gives you an extra peace of mind. This feature enhances long-term durability by preventing engine damage and costly repairs. Once the oil begins to run low, the generator automatically shuts off and cannot be re-started until oil is added.
Accessory-wise, along with the previously mentioned features, the Yamaha EF6300iSDE is packaged with the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helping you start the device right away.
The Yamaha EF6300iSDE is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Yamaha EF6300iSDE versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Yamaha EF6300iSDE compare to generators of similar power (between 5000 and 6000 W).
- Considering its dry weight of 200 pounds, the Yamaha EF6300iSDE is one of the heavier generators producing between 5000 and 6000 running watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Westinghouse WGen5300v, weighing just 107 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 58 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU7000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 52 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 13.3 hours on a full tank at a 25% load, the EF6300iSDE is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen5300s, as it provides up to 20 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.34 GPH at a 25% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.24 GPH, the Westinghouse WGen5300v is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 5000-6000W generators, the Yamaha EF6300iSDE is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- GFCI Outlets
- Remote start capable
- Quiet for its power (58 dBA)
- On the expensive side
- No recoil back-up
- No parallel ports
- Not CARB-compliant
- On the heavy side (200 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||357 cc Yamaha MZ360 OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||5500 W|
|Starting watts||6300 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||45.8/22.9 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||52.5/26.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||13.3 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Plastic, 4.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||30.7 x 24.3 x 27.2 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With a rich history of over 130 years, the Japanese based Yamaha Corporation, founded in 1887, has tipped its fingers in every industry imaginable, most notably motorcycles, musical instruments and electronics. The company boasts with a wide range of products, including many of the top rated portable generators. However, it has been reported that many of the newer models are made in China, rather than Japan.
The Yamaha EF6300iSDE is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Yamaha generators, please consult Yamaha's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-962-7926.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||4397 W||5872 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||4390 W||4980 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||3530 W||6230 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.