Zoom on the Yamaha EF6300iSDE
In a nutshell, the Yamaha EF6300iSDE is a quiet portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Yamaha EF6300iSDE's core is the 357 cc Yamaha MZ360 OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 5500W and a peak wattage of 6300W.
With a noise rating of 58 dBA (less noisy than a quiet suburb), the inverter generator features a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). The EF6300iSDE can also be remotely started, offering further convenience. (separate purchase).
This generator features Yamaha's Smart Throttle™. This load-sensing feature automatically adjusts engine speed to match its load in order to offer greater fuel efficiency and noise reduction.
With a fuel capacity of 4.5 gallons, the EF6300iSDE may run for up to 13.3 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.34 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the EF6300iSDE produces a clean sine wave, with a <4% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 4 AC outlets:
Even though this Yamaha generator isn't quite RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle allows an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, as the EF6300iSDE holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
As the Yamaha EF6300iSDE is an inverter generator, its encased design (L30.7 x W24.3 x H27.2 in) offers more esthetics than a conventional, open frame product. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
Since the generator weighs 200 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). However, its challenging mobility is solved by a wheel kit and a double handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
Monitoring of the EF6300iSDE's status and activity is made possible by an illuminated data center, which provides information on the lifetime run hours and is one of the features of its control panel.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicators will display if the generator is ready, the oil level is too low and the generator is on overload.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Watch system) and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Yamaha's Oil Watch warning system gives you an extra peace of mind. This feature enhances long-term durability by preventing engine damage and costly repairs. Once the oil begins to run low, the generator automatically shuts off and cannot be re-started until oil is added.
Along with the aforementioned features, from an accessory standpoint, the Yamaha EF6300iSDE's box includes the typical documentation and a user manual, which will help you start your generator promptly.
The Yamaha EF6300iSDE is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Yamaha EF6300iSDE versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Yamaha EF6300iSDE compare to generators of similar power (between 5000 and 6000 W).
- Considering its dry weight of 200 pounds, the Yamaha EF6300iSDE is one of the heavier generators producing between 5000 and 6000 running watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Champion 100519, weighing just 121 pounds.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 58 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU7000iS. With just 52 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Autonomy-wise, with 13.3 hours on a full tank at a 25% load, the EF6300iSDE is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen5500, which is able to run for 20 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.34 GPH at a 25% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Honda EU7000iS, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.28 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 5000-6000W generators, the Yamaha EF6300iSDE is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Remote start capable
- Quiet for its power (58 dBA)
- On the expensive side
- On the heavy side (200 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Where to buy the Yamaha EF6300iSDE?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||357 cc Yamaha MZ360 OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||5500 W|
|Starting watts||6300 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||45.8/22.9 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||52.5/26.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||13.3 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Plastic, 4.5 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||30.7 x 24.3 x 27.2 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With a rich history of over 130 years, the Japanese based Yamaha Corporation, founded in 1887, has tipped its fingers in every industry imaginable, most notably motorcycles, musical instruments and electronics. The company boasts with a wide range of products, including many of the top rated portable generators. However, it has been reported that many of the newer models are made in China, rather than Japan.
The Yamaha EF6300iSDE is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Yamaha generators, please consult Yamaha's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-962-7926.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.