Zoom on the Yamaha EF3000iSEB
In summary, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is a quiet portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB houses a 171 cc Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 2800W along with a peak wattage of 3500W.
With a noise rating of 53 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a refrigerator), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
This generator features Yamaha's Smart Throttle™. This load-sensing feature automatically adjusts engine speed to match its load in order to offer greater fuel efficiency and noise reduction.
The EF3000iSEB can operate for up to 18.6 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.18 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 3.4 gallons.
The EF3000iSEB generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 12A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
This Yamaha generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L26.8 x W17.5 x H21.9 in), the Yamaha EF3000iSEB, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 154.3 pounds. Still, once it is on the ground, its wheel kit and its double handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
The light indicators show you if its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is ready and the generator is on overload.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the inverter generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Watch system), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Yamaha's Oil Watch warning system gives you an extra peace of mind. This feature enhances long-term durability by preventing engine damage and costly repairs. Once the oil begins to run low, the generator automatically shuts off and cannot be re-started until oil is added.
Along with the aforementioned features, from an accessory standpoint, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB's box includes the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which will help you start your generator promptly. An official storage cover is available, as a separate purchase.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Yamaha EF3000iSEB compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- At a dry weight of 154.3 pounds, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is one of the heavier devices which can produce between 2500 and 3500 running watts. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the WEN GN400i, with a dry weight of only 66.1 lbs.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 53 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU3000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 50 dBA.
- Since the EF3000iSEB boasts with a run time of up to 18.6 hours at 25% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most generators of a comparable output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Champion 200954, reaching up to 22 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. Standing at an estimated 0.18 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, this inverter generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Energizer eZV3200P, with a fuel consumption of 0.13 GPH could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Electric start
- Quiet for its power (53 dBA)
- High run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- On the expensive side
- No data center
- No remote start
- No parallel ports
- On the heavy side (154.3 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||171 cc Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2800 W|
|Starting watts||3500 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||18.6 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 12A receptacle|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Metal, 3.4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||26.8 x 17.5 x 21.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||53 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With a rich history of over 130 years, the Japanese based Yamaha Corporation, founded in 1887, has tipped its fingers in every industry imaginable, most notably motorcycles, musical instruments and electronics. The company boasts with a wide range of products, including many of the top rated portable generators. However, it has been reported that many of the newer models are made in China, rather than Japan.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Yamaha generators, please consult Yamaha's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-962-7926.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2237 W||3237 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||2230 W||2650 W|
|Total||2210 W||3310 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.