Zoom on the Yamaha EF3000iSEB
In a nutshell, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is a quiet portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB's core is the 171 cc Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 2800W and a peak wattage of 3500W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 53 dBA (just slightly more noisy than rainfall), this inverter generator can be started thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also to a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
This generator features Yamaha's Smart Throttle™. This load-sensing feature automatically adjusts engine speed to match its load in order to offer greater fuel efficiency and noise reduction.
With a fuel capacity of 3.4 gallons, the EF3000iSEB may run for up to 18.6 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.18 GPH).
As the EF3000iSEB produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 12A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
This Yamaha generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L26.8 x W17.5 x H21.9 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 154.3 lbs. However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by a wheel kit and a double handle, with which you can conveniently displace it, once it's on the ground.
The device’s light indicators will display if the oil level is too low, the generator is on overload and the generator is ready.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Watch system) and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Yamaha's Oil Watch warning system gives you an extra peace of mind. This feature enhances long-term durability by preventing engine damage and costly repairs. Once the oil begins to run low, the generator automatically shuts off and cannot be re-started until oil is added.
Besides the features previously mentioned, accessory-wise, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB comes with the usual documentation and user manual needed to get you promptly started.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Yamaha EF3000iSEB compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- A weight of 154.3 lbs makes the Yamaha EF3000iSEB one of the heavier devices in the 2500-3500 rated wattage range. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Honda EG2800i, weighing just 66.6 pounds.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 53 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU3000iS, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 50 dBA.
- With a run time of 18.6 hours at 25% load, the EF3000iSEB has one of the higher run times, compared to its similarly powerful peers. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Honda EU3000iS, with 20 hours .
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. Standing at an estimated 0.18 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, this inverter generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Energizer eZV3200P, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.13 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Electric start
- Quiet for its power (53 dBA)
- High run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- On the expensive side
- No data center
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (154.3 lbs)
Where to buy the Yamaha EF3000iSEB?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||171 cc Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2800 W|
|Starting watts||3500 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||18.6 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 12A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Metal, 3.4 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||26.8 x 17.5 x 21.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||53 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With a rich history of over 130 years, the Japanese based Yamaha Corporation, founded in 1887, has tipped its fingers in every industry imaginable, most notably motorcycles, musical instruments and electronics. The company boasts with a wide range of products, including many of the top rated portable generators. However, it has been reported that many of the newer models are made in China, rather than Japan.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Yamaha generators, please consult Yamaha's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-962-7926.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.