Zoom on the Yamaha EF3000iSEB
In summary, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is a quiet portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB is powered by a 171 cc Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 2800W as well as a peak wattage of 3500W.
With a noise rating of 53 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
This generator features Yamaha's Smart Throttle™. This load-sensing feature automatically adjusts engine speed to match its load in order to offer greater fuel efficiency and noise reduction.
The fuel capacity of 3.4 gallons allows the EF3000iSEB to operate for up to 18.6 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.18 GPH).
The EF3000iSEB produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 12A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
This Yamaha generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L26.8 x W17.5 x H21.9 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 154.3 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Nevertheless, thanks to its wheel kit and its double handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
The light indicators show you if the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is overloaded.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Watch system).
Yamaha's Oil Watch warning system gives you an extra peace of mind. This feature enhances long-term durability by preventing engine damage and costly repairs. Once the oil begins to run low, the generator automatically shuts off and cannot be re-started until oil is added.
As for its accessories, apart from the previously mentioned features, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB also comes with the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), allowing you to start it right away.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Yamaha EF3000iSEB compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Considering its dry weight of 154.3 pounds, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is one of the heavier generators producing between 2500 and 3500 running watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the WEN GN400i, weighing just 66.1 pounds.
- At a lowest noise rating of 53 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU3000iS. With just 50 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- With a run time of up to 18.6 hours at 25% load, the EF3000iSEB has one of the higher run times, compared to its similarly powerful peers. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Honda EU3000iS, reaching up to 20 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.18 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Energizer eZV3200P, with a fuel consumption of 0.13 GPH could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Electric start
- Quiet for its power (53 dBA)
- High run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- On the expensive side
- No data center
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (154.3 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||171 cc Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2800 W|
|Starting watts||3500 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||18.6 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 12A receptacle|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Metal, 3.4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||26.8 x 17.5 x 21.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||53 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With a rich history of over 130 years, the Japanese based Yamaha Corporation, founded in 1887, has tipped its fingers in every industry imaginable, most notably motorcycles, musical instruments and electronics. The company boasts with a wide range of products, including many of the top rated portable generators. However, it has been reported that many of the newer models are made in China, rather than Japan.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Yamaha generators, please consult Yamaha's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-962-7926.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2237 W||3237 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2235 W||2825 W|
|Total||2210 W||3310 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.