Zoom on the Yamaha EF3000iSEB
In a nutshell, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is a quiet portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB houses a 171 cc Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 2800W along with a peak wattage of 3500W.
With a noise rating of 53 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a refrigerator), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
This generator features Yamaha's Smart Throttle™. This load-sensing feature automatically adjusts engine speed to match its load in order to offer greater fuel efficiency and noise reduction.
The EF3000iSEB can operate for up to 18.6 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.18 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 3.4 gallons.
As the EF3000iSEB produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 12A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
This Yamaha generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready.
As the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is an inverter generator, its encased design (L26.8 x W17.5 x H21.9 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 154.3 pounds. Nevertheless, thanks to its set of 4 wheels and its double handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
Several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is overloaded, the oil level is too low and the generator is ready.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Watch system), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Yamaha's Oil Watch warning system gives you an extra peace of mind. This feature enhances long-term durability by preventing engine damage and costly repairs. Once the oil begins to run low, the generator automatically shuts off and cannot be re-started until oil is added.
Regarding its accessories, besides the aforementioned features, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB's box includes the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start it right off the bat.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Yamaha EF3000iSEB compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- At a dry weight of 154.3 pounds, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is one of the heavier devices which can produce between 2500 and 3500 running watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Generac GP3300i, standing at just 59.5 lbs.
- With a lowest possible noise of 53 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU3000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 50 dBA.
- Since the EF3000iSEB boasts with a run time of up to 18.6 hours at 25% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most generators of a comparable output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Champion 200954, reaching up to 22 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.18 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Energizer eZV3500P. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.13 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Electric start
- Quiet for its power (53 dBA)
- High run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- On the expensive side
- No data center
- No remote start
- No parallel ports
- On the heavy side (154.3 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||171 cc Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2800 W|
|Starting watts||3500 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peak amps||29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||18.6 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 12A receptacle|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Metal, 3.4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||26.8 x 17.5 x 21.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||53 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With a rich history of over 130 years, the Japanese based Yamaha Corporation, founded in 1887, has tipped its fingers in every industry imaginable, most notably motorcycles, musical instruments and electronics. The company boasts with a wide range of products, including many of the top rated portable generators. However, it has been reported that many of the newer models are made in China, rather than Japan.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Yamaha generators, please consult Yamaha's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-962-7926.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2237 W||3237 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||2230 W||2650 W|
|Total||2210 W||3310 W|
What kind if oil is needed (Asked June 21, 2021)
For general, all-temperature use, SAE 10W-30 is recommended.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.