Zoom on the Yamaha EF3000iSEB
In a nutshell, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is a quiet portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB's engine, 171 cc Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 2800W and reaches a peak wattage of 3500W.
At a noise rating of 53 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home), this inverter generator can be started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, or a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
This generator features Yamaha's Smart Throttle™. This load-sensing feature automatically adjusts engine speed to match its load in order to offer greater fuel efficiency and noise reduction.
With a fuel capacity of 3.4 gallons, the EF3000iSEB may run for up to 18.6 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.18 GPH).
The EF3000iSEB generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 12A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
This Yamaha generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L26.8 x W17.5 x H21.9 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 154.3 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its set of 4 wheels and its double handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
Some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the oil level is too low, the generator is ready and the generator is overloaded.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Watch system) and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
Yamaha's Oil Watch warning system gives you an extra peace of mind. This feature enhances long-term durability by preventing engine damage and costly repairs. Once the oil begins to run low, the generator automatically shuts off and cannot be re-started until oil is added.
Accessory-wise, along with the previously mentioned features, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is packaged with the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helping you start the device right away. An official storage cover is available, as a separate purchase.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Yamaha EF3000iSEB compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- With its weight of 154.3 lbs, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is one of the heavier generators in the 2500-3500 rated wattage category. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Generac GP3300i, weighing just 59.5 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 53 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU3000iS. With just 50 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Thanks to an impressive running time of up to 18.6 hours at 25% load, the EF3000iSEB benefits from a higher run time than many generators of a similar output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Champion 200954, boasting with up to 22 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. Standing at an estimated 0.18 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, this inverter generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Energizer eZV3200P. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.13 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Electric start
- Quiet for its power (53 dBA)
- High run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- On the expensive side
- No data center
- No remote start
- No parallel ports
- On the heavy side (154.3 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||171 cc Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2800 W|
|Starting watts||3500 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||18.6 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 12A receptacle|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Metal, 3.4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||26.8 x 17.5 x 21.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||53 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With a rich history of over 130 years, the Japanese based Yamaha Corporation, founded in 1887, has tipped its fingers in every industry imaginable, most notably motorcycles, musical instruments and electronics. The company boasts with a wide range of products, including many of the top rated portable generators. However, it has been reported that many of the newer models are made in China, rather than Japan.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Yamaha generators, please consult Yamaha's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-962-7926.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2237 W||3237 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2235 W||2825 W|
|Total||2210 W||3310 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.