-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 32
Zoom on the Yamaha EF3000iSEB
In summary, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is a quiet portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB's core is the 171 cc Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 2,800W and a peak wattage of 3,500W.
With a noise rating of 54.5 dBA (just slightly more noisy than rainfall), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
This generator features Yamaha's Smart Throttle™. This load-sensing feature automatically adjusts engine speed to match its load in order to offer greater fuel efficiency and noise reduction.
The EF3000iSEB can operate for up to 18.6 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.18 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 3.4 gallons.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the EF3000iSEB produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
This Yamaha generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L26.8 x W17.5 x H21.9 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
As the generator's weight is 156 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its set of 4 wheels and its double handle, once it is placed on the ground.
The device’s light indicators will display if the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is overloaded.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the inverter generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Watch system) and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Yamaha's Oil Watch warning system gives you an extra peace of mind. This feature enhances long-term durability by preventing engine damage and costly repairs. Once the oil begins to run low, the generator automatically shuts off and cannot be re-started until oil is added.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
Besides the features previously mentioned, accessory-wise, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB comes with the usual documentation and owner's manual (opens in a new tab) needed to get you promptly started.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Yamaha EF3000iSEB compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- With its weight of 156 lbs, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is one of the heavier inverter generators in the 2500-3500 rated wattage category. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, with a dry weight of just 46 pounds.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 54.5 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar type and power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU3000iS, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 50 dBA.
- The EF3000iSEB provides a higher run time than similarly powerful inverters, reaching up to 18.6 hours at 25% load. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Champion 200954, reaching up to 22 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.18 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.13 GPH, the Energizer eZV3500P is a device you could look out for.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W inverter generators, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- CO Sensor
- Electric start
- Quiet for its power (54.5 dBA)
- High run time
- Made in Japan
- Decent fuel efficiency
- On the expensive side
- No data center
- No remote start
- No parallel ports
- On the heavy side (156 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||171 cc Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||2,800 W|
|Starting watts||3,500 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peak amps||29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||18.6 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Metal, 3.4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||26.8 x 17.5 x 21.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||54.5 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Country of origin||Japan|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With a rich history of over 130 years, the Japanese based Yamaha Corporation, founded in 1887, has tipped its fingers in every industry imaginable, most notably motorcycles, musical instruments and electronics. The company boasts with a wide range of products, including many of the top rated portable generators. However, many of their models are made in China, rather than Japan.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Yamaha generators, please consult Yamaha's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-962-7926.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2237 W||3237 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2235 W||2825 W|
|Total||2210 W||3310 W|
What kind if oil is needed (Asked June 21, 2021)
For general, all-temperature use, SAE 10W-30 is recommended.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.