Zoom on the Yamaha EF3000iSEB
In a nutshell, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is a quiet portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
Power & Run Time
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB's engine, 171 cc Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 2800W and reaches a peak wattage of 3500W.
At a noise rating of 53 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home), this inverter generator can be started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, or a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
This generator features Yamaha's Smart Throttle™. This load-sensing feature automatically adjusts engine speed to match its load in order to offer greater fuel efficiency and noise reduction.
With a full tank, the EF3000iSEB can operate for up to 18.6 hours (fuel consumption around 0.18 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 3.4 gallons.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the EF3000iSEB produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
Even if this Yamaha generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor, thanks to its L5-30R receptacle.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L26.8 x W17.5 x H21.9 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 154.3 lbs. However, its challenging mobility is solved by its set of 4 wheels and its double handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
Several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is overloaded, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is ready.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the inverter generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Watch system), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Yamaha's Oil Watch warning system gives you an extra peace of mind. This feature enhances long-term durability by preventing engine damage and costly repairs. Once the oil begins to run low, the generator automatically shuts off and cannot be re-started until oil is added.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down. It’s a welcomed additional security feature, but don’t forget to always take your generator outside (opens in a new tab).
Along with the aforementioned features, from an accessory standpoint, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB's box includes the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which will help you start your generator promptly.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Yamaha EF3000iSEB compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Considering its dry weight of 154.3 pounds, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is one of the heavier inverter generators producing between 2500 and 3500 running watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Genmax GM3300i, weighing just 47.4 pounds.
- At a lowest noise rating of 53 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar type and power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU3000iS. With just 50 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Since the EF3000iSEB boasts with a run time of up to 18.6 hours at 25% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most inverter generators of a comparable output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Champion 200914, as it provides up to 22 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.18 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Energizer eZV3500P, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.13 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W inverter generators, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- CO Sensor
- Electric start
- Quiet for its power (53 dBA)
- High run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- On the expensive side
- No data center
- No remote start
- No parallel ports
- On the heavy side (154.3 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||171 cc Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||2800 W|
|Starting watts||3500 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peak amps||29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||18.6 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Metal, 3.4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||26.8 x 17.5 x 21.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||53 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With a rich history of over 130 years, the Japanese based Yamaha Corporation, founded in 1887, has tipped its fingers in every industry imaginable, most notably motorcycles, musical instruments and electronics. The company boasts with a wide range of products, including many of the top rated portable generators. However, it has been reported that many of the newer models are made in China, rather than Japan.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Yamaha generators, please consult Yamaha's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-962-7926.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1982 W||3482 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2235 W||2825 W|
|Total||2210 W||3310 W|
What kind if oil is needed (Asked June 21, 2021)
For general, all-temperature use, SAE 10W-30 is recommended.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.