Zoom on the Yamaha EF3000iSEB
In a nutshell, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is a quiet portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB's engine, 171 cc Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 2800W and reaches a peak wattage of 3500W.
At a noise rating of 53 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a quiet suburb), this inverter generator can be started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, or a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
This generator features Yamaha's Smart Throttle™. This load-sensing feature automatically adjusts engine speed to match its load in order to offer greater fuel efficiency and noise reduction.
With a fuel capacity of 3.4 gallons, the EF3000iSEB may run for up to 18.6 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.18 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the EF3000iSEB generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 12A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
This Yamaha generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L26.8 x W17.5 x H21.9 in), the Yamaha EF3000iSEB, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
Since the generator weighs 154.3 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Still, once it is on the ground, a wheel kit and a double handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
When the generator is overloaded, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is ready, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Watch system), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Yamaha's Oil Watch warning system gives you an extra peace of mind. This feature enhances long-term durability by preventing engine damage and costly repairs. Once the oil begins to run low, the generator automatically shuts off and cannot be re-started until oil is added.
Besides the features previously mentioned, accessory-wise, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB comes with the usual documentation and user manual needed to get you promptly started.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Yamaha EF3000iSEB compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Considering its dry weight of 154.3 pounds, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is one of the heavier generators producing between 2500 and 3500 running watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the WEN GN400i, with a dry weight of just 66.1 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 53 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU3000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 50 dBA.
- Since the EF3000iSEB boasts with a run time of up to 18.6 hours at 25% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most generators of a comparable output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Honda EU3000iS, boasting with up to 20 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator reaches an estimated fuel consumption of 0.18 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, making it average, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Energizer eZV3200P. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.13 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Yamaha EF3000iSEB is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Electric start
- Quiet for its power (53 dBA)
- High run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- On the expensive side
- No data center
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (154.3 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||171 cc Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2800 W|
|Starting watts||3500 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||18.6 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 12A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Metal, 3.4 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||26.8 x 17.5 x 21.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||53 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With a rich history of over 130 years, the Japanese based Yamaha Corporation, founded in 1887, has tipped its fingers in every industry imaginable, most notably motorcycles, musical instruments and electronics. The company boasts with a wide range of products, including many of the top rated portable generators. However, it has been reported that many of the newer models are made in China, rather than Japan.
The Yamaha EF3000iSEB is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Yamaha generators, please consult Yamaha's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-962-7926.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.