This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
You might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Zoom on the Yamaha EF2600
In a nutshell, the Yamaha EF2600 is a compact portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
Power & Run Time
The Yamaha EF2600 is powered by a 171 cc Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 2,300W as well as a peak wattage of 2,600W.
With a noise rating of 68 dBA (less noisy than a normal conversation), the generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 2.9 gallons, the EF2600 can operate for up to 11 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.26 GPH).
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
With its dimensions of L20.1 x W16.3 x H16.7 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Yamaha EF2600 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
The EF2600 can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 92.6 lbs. Moreover, its open frame design makes it incredibly easy to grab the frame in order to change its location.
The control panel of the EF2600 includes a digital data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the lifetime run hours.
In addition to this info, when its oil levels are insufficient, you will be informed by the featured light indicator.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Watch system), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Yamaha's Oil Watch warning system gives you an extra peace of mind. This feature enhances long-term durability by preventing engine damage and costly repairs. Once the oil begins to run low, the generator automatically shuts off and cannot be re-started until oil is added.
Accessory-wise, along with the previously mentioned features, the Yamaha EF2600 is packaged with the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helping you start the device right away.
The Yamaha EF2600 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Yamaha EF2600 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Yamaha EF2600 compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Considering its dry weight of 92.6 pounds, the Yamaha EF2600 is one of the heavier generators producing between 1500 and 2500 running watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Genmax GM2000i, standing at just 34.2 lbs.
- This generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 68 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devices of a similar running wattage. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU2200i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 48 dBA.
- Thanks to an impressive running time of up to 11 hours at 25% load, the EF2600 benefits from a higher run time than many generators of a similar output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Yamaha EF2800i, as it provides up to 14.7 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.26 GPH at a 25% load. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the DuroMax XP2300iH, with a fuel consumption of 0.08 GPH could be in your good books.
The bottom line
- High run time
- No electric start
- On the heavy side (92.6 lbs)
- On the noisy side (68 dBA)
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||171 cc Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||2,300 W|
|Starting watts||2,600 W|
|Running amps||19.2 amps|
|Peak amps||21.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||11 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||Metal, 2.9 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||20.1 x 16.3 x 16.7 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||68 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With a rich history of over 130 years, the Japanese based Yamaha Corporation, founded in 1887, has tipped its fingers in every industry imaginable, most notably motorcycles, musical instruments and electronics. The company boasts with a wide range of products, including many of the top rated portable generators. However, it has been reported that many of the newer models are made in China, rather than Japan.
The Yamaha EF2600 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Yamaha generators, please consult Yamaha's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-962-7926.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||1562 W||2562 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||1830 W||2250 W|
|Total||1480 W||2580 W|