Zoom on the Yamaha EF2000iSv2
In summary, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is powered by a 79 cc Yamaha MZ80 OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 1600W as well as a peak wattage of 2000W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (Twin Tech cable not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
With a noise rating of 51.5 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a quiet suburb), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
This generator features Yamaha's Smart Throttle™. This load-sensing feature automatically adjusts engine speed to match its load in order to offer greater fuel efficiency and noise reduction.
The EF2000iSv2 can operate for up to 10.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon.
As the EF2000iSv2 produces a clean sine wave, with a <2.5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
As the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is an inverter generator, its encased design (L19.3 x W11 x H17.9 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
Labeled a lightweight portable generator, the EF2000iSv2 weighs just 44.1 lbs. As it can be moved by a single person without much effort, the generator and its power can be enjoyed on-the-go. A handle (molded in the case) allows you to carry it easily, further enhancing its convenience.
When the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is on overload, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Watch system) and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Yamaha's Oil Watch warning system gives you an extra peace of mind. This feature enhances long-term durability by preventing engine damage and costly repairs. Once the oil begins to run low, the generator automatically shuts off and cannot be re-started until oil is added.
Regarding its accessories, besides the aforementioned features, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2's box includes the typical documentation and a user manual, letting you start it right off the bat.
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 only weighs in at 44.1 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage range. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the WEN 56202i, with a dry weight of just 38.6 pounds.
- At a lowest noise rating of 51.5 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU2200i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 48 dBA.
- The EF2000iSv2, falls within the average autonomy range compared to generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of up to 10.5 hours at a 25% load and a full tank. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, boasting with up to 26 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, is one of the more fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Predator 2000, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.08 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (44.1 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (51.5 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- No data center
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||79 cc Yamaha MZ80 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1600 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||10.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||19.3 x 11 x 17.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||51.5 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With a rich history of over 130 years, the Japanese based Yamaha Corporation, founded in 1887, has tipped its fingers in every industry imaginable, most notably motorcycles, musical instruments and electronics. The company boasts with a wide range of products, including many of the top rated portable generators. However, it has been reported that many of the newer models are made in China, rather than Japan.
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Yamaha generators, please consult Yamaha's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-962-7926.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.