Zoom on the Yamaha EF2000iSv2
In summary, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Amateur DIY lovers
Power & Run Time
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2's core is the 79 cc Yamaha MZ80 OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 1600W and a peak wattage of 2000W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (Twin Tech cable (opens in a new tab) not included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
The inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 51.5 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home).
This generator features Yamaha's Smart Throttle™. This load-sensing feature automatically adjusts engine speed to match its load in order to offer greater fuel efficiency and noise reduction.
With a full tank, the EF2000iSv2 can operate for up to 10.5 hours (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon.
As the EF2000iSv2 produces a clean sine wave, with a <2.5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
As the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is an inverter generator, its encased design (L19.3 x W11 x H17.9 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
With a weight of only 44.1 lbs, the EF2000iSv2 may be viewed as a lightweight and portable generator. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. This convenience is further enhanced thanks to its handle (molded in the case) that allows you to carry it with ease.
Several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is ready, the oil level is too low and the generator is on overload.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Watch system), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Yamaha's Oil Watch warning system gives you an extra peace of mind. This feature enhances long-term durability by preventing engine damage and costly repairs. Once the oil begins to run low, the generator automatically shuts off and cannot be re-started until oil is added.
As for its accessories, apart from the previously mentioned features, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 also comes with the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), allowing you to start it right away. An official storage cover is available, as a separate purchase.
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As for its weight, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 weighs only 44.1 pounds, making it one of the lighter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage category. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Champion 200949, with a dry weight of only 38.6 lbs.
- With a lowest noise rating of 51.5 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU2200i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 48 dBA.
- The EF2000iSv2, falls within the average autonomy range compared to generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of up to 10.5 hours at a 25% load and a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, as it provides up to 26 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Predator 2000, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.08 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (44.1 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (51.5 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- No data center
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||79 cc Yamaha MZ80 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1600 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||10.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||19.3 x 11 x 17.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||51.5 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With a rich history of over 130 years, the Japanese based Yamaha Corporation, founded in 1887, has tipped its fingers in every industry imaginable, most notably motorcycles, musical instruments and electronics. The company boasts with a wide range of products, including many of the top rated portable generators. However, it has been reported that many of the newer models are made in China, rather than Japan.
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Yamaha generators, please consult Yamaha's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-962-7926.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||992 W||1992 W|
|For camping||RV refrigerator||180||600|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1270 W||1860 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1260 W||1260 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.