Zoom on the Yamaha EF2000iSv2
In a nutshell, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Amateur DIY lovers
Power & Run Time
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2's design includes a gasoline-fueled 79 cc Yamaha MZ80 OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 1600W and also a peak wattage of 2000W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (Twin Tech cable (opens in a new tab) not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
The inverter generator boasts with a low noise rating of 51.5 dBA (just slightly more noisy than rainfall) which earned its spot in our 10 quietest portable generators. Its starting mechanism is based on a conventional pull-start mechanism.
This generator features Yamaha's Smart Throttle™. This load-sensing feature automatically adjusts engine speed to match its load in order to offer greater fuel efficiency and noise reduction.
The EF2000iSv2 can operate for up to 10.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the EF2000iSv2 produces a clean sine wave, with a <2.5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
As the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is an inverter generator, its encased design (L19.3 x W11 x H17.9 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
Labeled a lightweight portable generator, the EF2000iSv2 weighs just 44.1 lbs. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. Its handle (molded in the case) allows you to carry it easily, further enhancing its convenience.
Some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is ready, the generator is on overload and the oil level is too low.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Watch system), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Yamaha's Oil Watch warning system gives you an extra peace of mind. This feature enhances long-term durability by preventing engine damage and costly repairs. Once the oil begins to run low, the generator automatically shuts off and cannot be re-started until oil is added.
Along with the aforementioned features, from an accessory standpoint, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2's box includes the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which will help you start your generator promptly.
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 only weighs in at 44.1 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage range. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Champion 200949, with a dry weight of only 38.6 lbs.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 51.5 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU2200i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 48 dBA.
- As the EF2000iSv2 offers up to 10.5 hours run time on a full tank at a 25% load, it falls within the average autonomy range among the generators of a similar power. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, which is able to run for up to 26 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Predator 2000, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.08 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (44.1 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (51.5 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- No data center
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||79 cc Yamaha MZ80 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1600 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peak amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||10.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||19.3 x 11 x 17.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||51.5 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With a rich history of over 130 years, the Japanese based Yamaha Corporation, founded in 1887, has tipped its fingers in every industry imaginable, most notably motorcycles, musical instruments and electronics. The company boasts with a wide range of products, including many of the top rated portable generators. However, it has been reported that many of the newer models are made in China, rather than Japan.
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Yamaha generators, please consult Yamaha's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-962-7926.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||992 W||1992 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1270 W||1860 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1260 W||1260 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.