Zoom on the Yamaha EF2000iSv2
In summary, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
Power & Run Time
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 houses a 79 cc Yamaha MZ80 OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 1600W along with a peak wattage of 2000W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (Twin Tech cable (opens in a new tab) not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
Enjoying a noise rating of 51.5 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
This generator features Yamaha's Smart Throttle™. This load-sensing feature automatically adjusts engine speed to match its load in order to offer greater fuel efficiency and noise reduction.
The EF2000iSv2 can operate for up to 10.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon.
The EF2000iSv2 generates a clean sine wave: providing <2.5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
As the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is an inverter generator, its encased design (L19.3 x W11 x H17.9 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
The EF2000iSv2 is a lightweight, portable generator, as it only weighs 44.1 lbs. The generator can be moved with ease by only one person and so it can be enjoyed on-the-go. Its handle (molded in the case) allows you to carry it easily, further enhancing its convenience.
When the generator is ready, the generator is on overload and the oil level is too low, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Watch system), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Yamaha's Oil Watch warning system gives you an extra peace of mind. This feature enhances long-term durability by preventing engine damage and costly repairs. Once the oil begins to run low, the generator automatically shuts off and cannot be re-started until oil is added.
Regarding its accessories, besides the aforementioned features, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2's box includes the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start it right off the bat.
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Weight-wise, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 has only 44.1 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 1500 to 2500 rated watts. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Champion 200949, with a dry weight of only 38.6 lbs.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 51.5 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU2200i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 48 dBA.
- The EF2000iSv2, offering a run time of up to 10.5 hours with a full tank at a 25% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, which is able to run for up to 26 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Predator 2000, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.08 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (44.1 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (51.5 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- On the expensive side
- No data center
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||79 cc Yamaha MZ80 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1600 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||10.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||19.3 x 11 x 17.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||51.5 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With a rich history of over 130 years, the Japanese based Yamaha Corporation, founded in 1887, has tipped its fingers in every industry imaginable, most notably motorcycles, musical instruments and electronics. The company boasts with a wide range of products, including many of the top rated portable generators. However, it has been reported that many of the newer models are made in China, rather than Japan.
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Yamaha generators, please consult Yamaha's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-962-7926.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||992 W||1992 W|
|For camping||RV refrigerator||180||600|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1270 W||1860 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1260 W||1260 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.