Zoom on the Yamaha EF2000iSv2
In summary, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Amateur DIY lovers
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is powered by a 79 cc Yamaha MZ80 OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 1600W as well as a peak wattage of 2000W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (Twin Tech cable (opens in a new tab) not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
The inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a low noise of 51.5 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a refrigerator), which places it in our list of the 10 quietest portable generators.
This generator features Yamaha's Smart Throttle™. This load-sensing feature automatically adjusts engine speed to match its load in order to offer greater fuel efficiency and noise reduction.
The EF2000iSv2 can operate for up to 10.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the EF2000iSv2 produces a clean sine wave, with a <2.5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
Since the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is an inverter generator, its closed design (L19.3 x W11 x H17.9 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
Weighing just 44.1 lbs, the EF2000iSv2 can be considered a lightweight portable generator. The product’s power can be enjoyed on-the-go, as it can be moved by a single person without trouble. It can also be carried without effort with a featured handle (molded in the case), further improving its convenience.
The device’s light indicators will display if the generator is overloaded, the generator is ready and the oil level is too low.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the inverter generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Watch system) and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Yamaha's Oil Watch warning system gives you an extra peace of mind. This feature enhances long-term durability by preventing engine damage and costly repairs. Once the oil begins to run low, the generator automatically shuts off and cannot be re-started until oil is added.
Besides the features previously mentioned, accessory-wise, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 comes with the usual documentation and owner's manual (opens in a new tab) needed to get you promptly started. An official storage cover is available, as a separate purchase.
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 only weighs in at 44.1 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage range. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Champion 200949, with a dry weight of only 38.6 lbs.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 51.5 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU2200i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 48 dBA.
- As the EF2000iSv2 offers up to 10.5 hours run time on a full tank at a 25% load, it falls within the average autonomy range among the generators of a similar power. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, which is able to run for up to 26 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Predator 2000, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.08 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (44.1 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (51.5 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- No data center
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||79 cc Yamaha MZ80 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1600 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peak amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||10.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||19.3 x 11 x 17.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||51.5 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With a rich history of over 130 years, the Japanese based Yamaha Corporation, founded in 1887, has tipped its fingers in every industry imaginable, most notably motorcycles, musical instruments and electronics. The company boasts with a wide range of products, including many of the top rated portable generators. However, it has been reported that many of the newer models are made in China, rather than Japan.
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Yamaha generators, please consult Yamaha's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-962-7926.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||992 W||1992 W|
|For camping||RV refrigerator||180||600|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1270 W||1860 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1260 W||1260 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.