Zoom on the Yamaha EF2000iSHv2
In a nutshell, the Yamaha EF2000iSHv2 is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Amateur DIY lovers
Power & Run Time
The Yamaha EF2000iSHv2's core is the 79 cc Yamaha MZ80 OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 1600W and a peak wattage of 2000W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (Twin Tech cable not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
Enjoying a noise rating of 51.5 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a refrigerator), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
This generator features Yamaha's Smart Throttle™. This load-sensing feature automatically adjusts engine speed to match its load in order to offer greater fuel efficiency and noise reduction.
The EF2000iSHv2 can operate for up to 10.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon.
As the EF2000iSHv2 produces a clean sine wave, with a <2.5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
The Yamaha EF2000iSHv2 is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L19.3 x W11 x H17.9 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
The EF2000iSHv2 is a lightweight, portable generator, as it only weighs 44.1 lbs. The product’s power can be enjoyed on-the-go, as it can be moved by a single person without trouble. It can also be carried without effort with a featured handle (molded in the case), further improving its convenience.
The light indicators show you if the oil level is too low, the generator is ready and the generator is overloaded.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the inverter generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Watch system), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Yamaha's Oil Watch warning system gives you an extra peace of mind. This feature enhances long-term durability by preventing engine damage and costly repairs. Once the oil begins to run low, the generator automatically shuts off and cannot be re-started until oil is added.
Regarding its accessories, besides the aforementioned features, the Yamaha EF2000iSHv2's box includes the typical documentation and a user manual, letting you start it right off the bat.
The Yamaha EF2000iSHv2 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Yamaha EF2000iSHv2 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Yamaha EF2000iSHv2 compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Yamaha EF2000iSHv2 only weighs in at 44.1 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage range. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the WEN 56202i, with a dry weight of only 38.6 lbs.
- With a lowest noise rating of 51.5 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU2200i with only 48 dBA.
- The EF2000iSHv2, offering a run time of up to 10.5 hours with a full tank at a 25% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, which is able to run for up to 26 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.08 GPH, the Predator 2000 is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Yamaha EF2000iSHv2 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (44.1 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (51.5 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- On the expensive side
- No data center
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||79 cc Yamaha MZ80 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1600 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||10.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||19.3 x 11 x 17.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||51.5 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With a rich history of over 130 years, the Japanese based Yamaha Corporation, founded in 1887, has tipped its fingers in every industry imaginable, most notably motorcycles, musical instruments and electronics. The company boasts with a wide range of products, including many of the top rated portable generators. However, it has been reported that many of the newer models are made in China, rather than Japan.
The Yamaha EF2000iSHv2 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Yamaha generators, please consult Yamaha's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-962-7926.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.