Zoom on the Westinghouse WH3700iXLTc
In summary, the Westinghouse WH3700iXLTc is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
Power & Run Time
The Westinghouse WH3700iXLTc's engine, 150 cc OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 3000W and reaches a peak wattage of 3700W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 58 dBA (less noisy than a quiet suburb).
With a fuel capacity of 1.3 gallon, the WH3700iXLTc may run for up to 6 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.22 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the WH3700iXLTc produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (USB-A) with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
This Westinghouse generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included). However, it is still not quite RV ready.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L23.9 x W13.3 x H19.3 in), the Westinghouse WH3700iXLTc, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
The 70.5 lbs of the WH3700iXLTc's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. Moreover, its set of 2 wheels and its telecospic handle will allow you to effortlessly shift it once it's on the ground.
The device’s light indicators will display if the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is overloaded. To offer greater control and easy operation during night time, the panel is LED-lit.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down. It’s a welcomed additional security feature, but don’t forget to always take your generator outside (opens in a new tab).
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Westinghouse WH3700iXLTc's package also includes these accessories: oil, funnel, RV adapter and tool kit.
The Westinghouse WH3700iXLTc is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Westinghouse WH3700iXLTc versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse WH3700iXLTc compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Westinghouse WH3700iXLTc weighs just 70.5 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 2500 to 3500 rated wattage generators. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Generac GP3300i, with a dry weight of only 59.5 lbs.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 58 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU3000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 50 dBA.
- The WH3700iXLTc's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only up to 6 hours at 25% load on a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Champion 200914, as it provides up to 22 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This inverter generator is not fuel efficient compared to devices of similar output: its estimated fuel consumption stands at 0.22 GPH at a 25% load. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Energizer eZV3500P, with a fuel consumption of 0.13 GPH could be in your good books.
The bottom line
- Illuminated control panel
- CO Sensor
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Parallel kit included
- Lightweight (70.5 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (58 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||150 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||3000 W|
|Starting watts||3700 W|
|Running amps||25 amps|
|Peak amps||30.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||6 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A)|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.3 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||23.9 x 13.3 x 19.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, RV adapter, and parallel cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators. Portable generators – the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse – used to be manufactured by Westpro Power Systems, which was bought in 2016 by Midwest Equipment. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, several sources report that they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse WH3700iXLTc is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2392 W||3392 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||2380 W||2800 W|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||2380 W||3480 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.