Zoom on the Westinghouse WH2300iXLT
In a nutshell, the Westinghouse WH2300iXLT is a quiet and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
Power & Run Time
The Westinghouse WH2300iXLT's design includes a gasoline-fueled 80 cc OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 1800W and also a peak wattage of 2300W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
At a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a quiet suburb), the inverter generator is started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1.2 gallon, the WH2300iXLT can operate for up to 13 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.09 GPH).
The WH2300iXLT produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 3 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets and a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
Even if this Westinghouse generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor, thanks to its L5-30R receptacle.
The Westinghouse WH2300iXLT is an inverter generator and has an encased design. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
The WH2300iXLT is a lightweight, portable generator, as it only weighs 43 lbs. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. This convenience is further enhanced thanks to its handle (molded in the case) that allows you to carry it with ease.
The device’s light indicators will display if the generator is on overload, the generator is ready and the oil level is too low.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual, letting you start the generator quickly, the Westinghouse WH2300iXLT also comes with several accessories, including: funnel, oil and tool kit.
The Westinghouse WH2300iXLT is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Westinghouse WH2300iXLT versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse WH2300iXLT compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Westinghouse WH2300iXLT only weighs in at 43 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage range. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Champion 200949, with a dry weight of just 38.6 pounds.
- At a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU2200i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 48 dBA.
- The WH2300iXLT, offering a run time of up to 13 hours with a full tank at a 25% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, boasting with up to 26 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This inverter generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.09 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Predator 2000, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.08 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (43 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- No data center
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||80 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1800 W|
|Starting watts||2300 W|
|Running amps||15 amps|
|Peak amps||19.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||13 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port
1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||Unknown|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators. Portable generators – the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse – used to be manufactured by Westpro Power Systems, which was bought in 2016 by Midwest Equipment. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, several sources report that they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse WH2300iXLT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1287 W||2287 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||1435 W||2025 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1340 W||1340 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.