-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 63
Zoom on the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT
In summary, the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Westinghouse WH2200iXLT's engine, 79 cc (3 hp) Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 1,800W and reaches a peak wattage of 2,200W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (Westinghouse WHPC Parallel Cord (opens in a new tab) not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
At a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a refrigerator), the inverter generator is started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the WH2200iXLT can operate for up to 13 hours (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.3 gallon.
As the WH2200iXLT produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L20 x W12.5 x H17.5 in), the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
With a weight of only 43 lbs, the WH2200iXLT may be viewed as a lightweight and portable generator. The device can be easily moved by just one person and thus, its power may be enjoyed on-the-go. Its handle (molded in the case) allows you to carry it easily, further enhancing its convenience.
The device’s light indicators will display if the generator is ready, the generator is on overload and its oil levels are insufficient.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT's package also includes these accessories: tool kit, oil and funnel. An official storage cover is also available, as a separate purchase.
The Westinghouse WH2200iXLT is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Westinghouse WH2200iXLT versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As for its weight, the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT weighs only 43 pounds, making it one of the lighter inverter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage category. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Genmax GM2000i with only 34.2 pounds.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 52 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar type and power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU2200i with only 48 dBA.
- As the WH2200iXLT features an autonomy of up to 13 hours at 25% load, it has one of the highest run times in comparison to the other inverter generators of its power range.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This inverter generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the DuroMax XP2300iH, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.08 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W inverter generators, the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (43 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- No data center
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||79 cc Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||1,800 W|
|Starting watts||2,200 W|
|Running amps||15 amps|
|Peak amps||18.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||13 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Plastic, 1.3 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||20 x 12.5 x 17.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators. Portable generators – the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse – used to be manufactured by Westpro Power Systems, which was bought in 2016 by Midwest Equipment. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse WH2200iXLT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||1192 W||2192 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||1435 W||2025 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1340 W||1340 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.