Remote start + CO sensor
Manual start + Data center
Manual start + Data center + CO sensor
Zoom on the Westinghouse WGen3600DFv
In summary, the Westinghouse WGen3600DFv is a compact portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the Westinghouse WGen3600DFv allows for an output of 120V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 3,600W and a starting wattage of 4,650W. If propane-powered, it gives 3,240 rated watts and 4,180 starting watts.
At a noise rating of 68 dBA (less noisy than an office), the generator is started via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 4 gallons, the WGen3600DFv can operate for up to 14 hours using gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.29 GPH), or for up to 16.5 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.28 GPH) using propane.
The WGen3600DFv is unsuitable for the powering of sensitive electronic devices due to its high THD (<23%).
The control panel provides the upcoming 4 AC outlets:
This Westinghouse generator is RV Ready, thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
The Westinghouse WGen3600DFv has the following dimensions: L23.3 x W17.5 x H18.7 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
As the generator's weight is 104 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Thus, you may also want to consider purchasing its official wheel kit (opens in a new tab).
The WGen3600DFv's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Westinghouse WGen3600DFv also comes with several accessories, including: funnel, propane hose, tool kit and oil. The official storage cover and running cover are also available, as separate purchases.
The Westinghouse WGen3600DFv is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Westinghouse WGen3600DFv versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse WGen3600DFv compare to dual fuel generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- With a dry weight of 104 pounds, the Westinghouse WGen3600DFv finds itself in the expected weight range for dual fuel generators able to produce between 3500 and 4500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the WEN DF402iX, with a dry weight of just 66.1 pounds.
- The generator can be considered average in its noise for its type and power category, as it is rated at 68 dBA. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Westinghouse iGen4500DF. With just 52 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing up to 14 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 25% load, the WGen3600DFv falls into the low end in comparison with other dual fuel devices of a comparable power output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Firman WH03662OF, with up to 25 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. Compared to its peers, this generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.29 GPH at a 25% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Champion 200988, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.16 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 3500-4500W dual fuel generators, the Westinghouse WGen3600DFv is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Dual Fuel
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Decent weight (104 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (68 dBA)
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)
|212 cc OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|23.3 x 17.5 x 18.7 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection
|Oil, funnel, tool kit, and propane hose
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators. Portable generators – the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse – used to be manufactured by Westpro Power Systems, which was bought in 2016 by Midwest Equipment. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse WGen3600DFv is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.