Remote start + CO sensor
Manual start + Data center
Manual start + Data center + CO sensor
Zoom on the Westinghouse WGen3600DFcv
The Westinghouse WGen3600DFcv is the newer version of the WGen3600DFv. It's a compact portable generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
Thanks to its dual-fuel technology, the Westinghouse WGen3600DFcv delivers 120V and offers power and versatility. When gasoline-powered, it benefits from a running wattage of 3,600W and a peak wattage of 4,650W. When propane-powered, it has 3,240 rated watts and 4,180 peak watts.
At a noise rating of 68 dBA (less noisy than background music), the generator is started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The WGen3600DFcv, with a fuel capacity of 4 gallons, reaches a run time of up to 14 hours utilizing gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.29 GPH). Alternatively, it can reach a run time of up to 16.5 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.28 GPH) with propane.
The WGen3600DFcv is unsuitable for the powering of sensitive electronic devices due to its high THD (<23%).
The control panel features the following 4 AC outlets:
This Westinghouse generator is RV Ready, thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
With its dimensions of L23.5 x W18.5 x H18.9 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Westinghouse WGen3600DFcv offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 104.7 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). The additional purchase of an official wheel kit (opens in a new tab) can therefore be a good idea, if you wish to improve the generator's mobility.
To help you monitor the WGen3600DFcv's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Westinghouse WGen3600DFcv, the following accessories are also included: propane hose, funnel, oil and tool kit. The official storage cover and running cover are also available, as separate purchases.
The Westinghouse WGen3600DFcv is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Westinghouse WGen3600DFcv versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse WGen3600DFcv compare to dual fuel generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- As its weight is 104.7 pounds, the Westinghouse WGen3600DFcv falls in the expected weight range of the dual fuel devices in the 3500-4500 rated wattage category. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the WEN DF402iX, with a dry weight of only 66.1 lbs.
- Because this generator emits noise as low as 68 dBA, it can be considered to have a pretty average expected noise rating for a device of its power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Westinghouse iGen4500DF with only 52 dBA.
- The WGen3600DFcv's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its type and power range, as it reaches only up to 14 hours at 25% load on a full tank. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Firman WH03662OF, which is able to run for up to 25 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. Compared to its peers, this generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.29 GPH at a 25% load. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Champion 200988, with a fuel consumption of 0.16 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W dual fuel generators, the Westinghouse WGen3600DFcv is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Dual Fuel
- CO Sensor
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Decent weight (104.7 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (68 dBA)
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||212 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3,600 W||3,240 W|
|Starting watts||4,650 W||4,180 W|
|Running amps||30 amps||27 amps|
|Peak amps||38.8 amps||34.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10.5 h||14 h|
|Run time @25% load||14 h||16.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|Fuel tank||4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||23.5 x 18.5 x 18.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||68 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, and propane hose|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators. Portable generators – the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse – used to be manufactured by Westpro Power Systems, which was bought in 2016 by Midwest Equipment. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse WGen3600DFcv is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||2857 W||3857 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2860 W||3450 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||1880 W||4580 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.