Remote start + CO sensor
Manual start + Data center
Manual start + Data center + CO sensor
Zoom on the Westinghouse WGen3600DFc
The Westinghouse WGen3600DFc is the newer version of the WGen3600DF. It's a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the Westinghouse WGen3600DFc allows for an output of 120V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 3,600W and a starting wattage of 4,650W. If propane-powered, it gives 3,240 rated watts and 4,180 starting watts.
With a noise rating of 68 dBA (less noisy than background music), the generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). For additional convenience, the WGen3600DFc may also be remotely started (key fob included).
The WGen3600DFc, with a fuel capacity of 4 gallons, reaches a run time of up to 14 hours utilizing gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.29 GPH). Alternatively, it can reach a run time of up to 16.5 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.28 GPH) with propane.
The quite high THD (<23%) of the WGen3600DFc makes it unsuitable for powering sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel provides the upcoming 4 AC outlets:
Thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer'), this Westinghouse generator is RV Ready.
The Westinghouse WGen3600DFc has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L23.3 x W22.8 x H21.3 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 121.1 lbs. However, its challenging mobility is solved by its wheel kit and its folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Westinghouse WGen3600DFc also is packed along with the following accessories: funnel, oil, tool kit, key fob and battery charger. The official storage cover and running cover are also available, as separate purchases.
The Westinghouse WGen3600DFc is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Westinghouse WGen3600DFc versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse WGen3600DFc compare to dual fuel generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- At a dry weight of 121.1 pounds, the Westinghouse WGen3600DFc is one of the heavier dual fuel devices which can produce between 3500 and 4500 running watts. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the WEN DF402iX, with a dry weight of only 66.1 lbs.
- This generator has a somewhat average expected noise for its type and power range, rated at 68 dBA. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Westinghouse iGen4500DF, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 52 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 14 hours on a full tank at a 25% load, the WGen3600DFc is on the low end when compared to other dual fuel generators of a similar power output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Firman WH03662OF, which is able to run for up to 25 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. Compared to its peers, this generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.29 GPH at a 25% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Champion 200988, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.16 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W dual fuel generators, the Westinghouse WGen3600DFc is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Dual Fuel
- CO Sensor
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Acceptable noise (68 dBA)
- No data center
- On the heavy side (121.1 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||212 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3,600 W||3,240 W|
|Starting watts||4,650 W||4,180 W|
|Running amps||30 amps||27 amps|
|Peak amps||38.8 amps||34.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10.5 h||14 h|
|Run time @25% load||14 h||16.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||23.3 x 22.8 x 21.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||68 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, key fob, battery charger, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators. Portable generators – the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse – used to be manufactured by Westpro Power Systems, which was bought in 2016 by Midwest Equipment. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse WGen3600DFc is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||2857 W||3857 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2860 W||3450 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||1880 W||4580 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.