Remote start + CO sensor
Manual start + Data center
Manual start + Data center + CO sensor
Zoom on the Westinghouse WGen3600DF
In summary, the Westinghouse WGen3600DF is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
Power & Run Time
Thanks to its dual-fuel technology, the Westinghouse WGen3600DF delivers 120V and offers power and versatility. When gasoline-powered, it benefits from a running wattage of 3,600W and a peak wattage of 4,650W. When propane-powered, it has 3,240 rated watts and 4,180 peak watts.
The generator is rated for a noise of 68 dBA (less noisy than background music). Its starting mechanisms include a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). Moreover, to offer you even more convenience, the WGen3600DF can also be remotely started (key fob included).
The running time of the WGen3600DF, with its 4 gallons fuel capacity, can reach up to 14 hours on a full tank of gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.29 GPH). With propane, it can reach up to 16.5 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.28 GPH).
Since the WGen3600DF has a somewhat high THD (<23%), it is advisable to not use it for the powering of sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel includes the following 4 AC outlets:
With its TT-30R receptacle (TT as in 'Travel Trailer'), this Westinghouse generator is RV Ready.
The dimensions of the Westinghouse WGen3600DF, which are L23.3 x W22.8 x H21.3 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 120 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its wheel kit (⌀8") and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Westinghouse WGen3600DF also comes with some accessories: oil, tool kit, battery charger, key fob, propane hose and funnel are included. An official storage cover is also available, as a separate purchase.
The Westinghouse WGen3600DF is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Westinghouse WGen3600DF versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse WGen3600DF compare to dual fuel generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- As its dry weight is 120 pounds, the Westinghouse WGen3600DF is one of the heavier of the dual fuel products which can generate 3500 to 4500 running watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the WEN DF402iX, weighing just 66.1 pounds.
- Because this generator emits noise as low as 68 dBA, it can be considered to have a pretty average expected noise rating for a device of its power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Westinghouse iGen4500DF with only 52 dBA.
- The WGen3600DF's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its type and power range, as it reaches only up to 14 hours at 25% load on a full tank. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Firman WH03662OF, with up to 25 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. Compared to its peers, this generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.29 GPH at a 25% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Champion 200988, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.16 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W dual fuel generators, the Westinghouse WGen3600DF is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Dual Fuel
- Acceptable noise (68 dBA)
- No data center
- On the heavy side (120 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||212 cc Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3,600 W||3,240 W|
|Starting watts||4,650 W||4,180 W|
|Running amps||30 amps||27 amps|
|Peak amps||38.8 amps||34.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10.5 h||14 h|
|Run time @25% load||14 h||16.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||23.3 x 22.8 x 21.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||68 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, key fob, battery charger, propane hose, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators. Portable generators – the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse – used to be manufactured by Westpro Power Systems, which was bought in 2016 by Midwest Equipment. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, several sources report that they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse WGen3600DF is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||2857 W||3857 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2860 W||3450 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||1880 W||4580 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.