Zoom on the Westinghouse iPro4200
In summary, the Westinghouse iPro4200 is a compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
Power & Run Time
The Westinghouse iPro4200's design includes a gasoline-fueled 212 cc (5.8 hp) Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 3500W and also a peak wattage of 4200W.
At a noise rating of 62 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a normal conversation), the inverter generator is started via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 2.6 gallons, the iPro4200 can operate for up to 18 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.14 GPH).
The iPro4200 produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The full GFCI control panel features the following 6 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
The Westinghouse iPro4200 has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L24 x W19.5 x H19 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
As the iPro4200's weight is only 82 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Moreover, grabbing and moving this product is made even easier by its open frame design.
To help you monitor the iPro4200's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
In addition to this info, when the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is overloaded, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Westinghouse iPro4200's package also includes these accessories: oil, funnel and tool kit.
The Westinghouse iPro4200 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Westinghouse iPro4200 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse iPro4200 compare to generators of similar power (between 3000 and 4000 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Westinghouse iPro4200 only weighs in at 82 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 3000-4000 rated wattage range. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the WEN GN400i, weighing just 66.1 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 62 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Cat INV4000E with only 51 dBA.
- With a run time of up to 18 hours at 25% load, the iPro4200 has one of the higher run times, compared to its similarly powerful peers. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Champion 200954, with up to 22 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.14 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Energizer eZV3500P, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.13 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Full GFCI panel
- Lightweight for its kind (82 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (62 dBA)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- No electric start
- No parallel ports
Features and Specifications
|Engine||212 cc Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||3500 W|
|Starting watts||4200 W|
|Running amps||29.2 amps|
|Peak amps||35 amps|
|Run time @50% load||15 h|
|Run time @25% load||18 h|
|GFCI outlets||Full panel|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||3x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 2.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||24 x 19.5 x 19 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||62 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators. Portable generators – the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse – used to be manufactured by Westpro Power Systems, which was bought in 2016 by Midwest Equipment. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, several sources report that they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse iPro4200 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||2787 W||3787 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Total||2790 W||3380 W|
|Total||2740 W||3840 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.