Zoom on the Westinghouse iGen2600
In a nutshell, the Westinghouse iGen2600 is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Amateur DIY lovers
Power & Run Time
The Westinghouse iGen2600's engine, 98 cc Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 2200W and reaches a peak wattage of 2600W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (Westinghouse parallel cord (opens in a new tab) not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1 gallon, the iGen2600 can operate for up to 10 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the iGen2600 produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 3 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy and two 5V USB ports with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
The Westinghouse iGen2600 is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L19.8 x W11.4 x H17.9 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
Labeled a lightweight portable generator, the iGen2600 weighs just 48 lbs. The product’s power can be enjoyed on-the-go, as it can be moved by a single person without trouble. This convenience is further enhanced thanks to its handle (molded in the case) that allows you to carry it with ease.
The control panel of the iGen2600 includes a digital data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the remaining run time, fuel level, voltage, lifetime run hours and power output.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicators will display if its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the inverter generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Westinghouse iGen2600 also comes with several accessories, including: tool kit, funnel and oil.
The Westinghouse iGen2600 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Westinghouse iGen2600 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse iGen2600 compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Westinghouse iGen2600 weighs just 48 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 1500 to 2500 rated wattage generators. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the WEN 56202i, with a dry weight of just 38.6 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 52 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU2200i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 48 dBA.
- Given that the iGen2600 reaches an autonomy of up to 10 hours with a full tank and at 25% load, it is placed within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, which is able to run for up to 26 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.08 GPH, the Predator 2000 is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Westinghouse iGen2600 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (48 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||98 cc Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2200 W|
|Starting watts||2600 W|
|Running amps||18.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||21.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||10 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) |
2x 5V USB port
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, remaining run time and voltage|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||19.8 x 11.4 x 17.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators – which are the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, several sources report that they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse iGen2600 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Total||1750 W||2450 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1740 W||2330 W|
|Total||1480 W||2580 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.