Zoom on the Westinghouse iGen2600
In a nutshell, the Westinghouse iGen2600 is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Amateur DIY lovers
Power & Run Time
The Westinghouse iGen2600's engine, 98 cc Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 2200W and reaches a peak wattage of 2600W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (Westinghouse parallel cord (opens in a new tab) not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
With a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the iGen2600 can operate for up to 10 hours (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1 gallon.
As the iGen2600 produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 3 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy and two 5V USB ports with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
The Westinghouse iGen2600 is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L19.8 x W11.4 x H17.9 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
The iGen2600 is a lightweight, portable generator, as it only weighs 48 lbs. The device can be easily moved by just one person and thus, its power may be enjoyed on-the-go. In addition, a handle (molded in the case) lets you carry it easily and further increases its convenience.
Monitoring of the iGen2600's status and activity is made possible by a digital data center, which provides information on the voltage, remaining run time, fuel level, lifetime run hours and power output and is one of the features of its control panel.
In addition to this info, when its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Westinghouse iGen2600's package also includes these accessories: funnel, oil and tool kit.
The Westinghouse iGen2600 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Westinghouse iGen2600 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse iGen2600 compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Weight-wise, the Westinghouse iGen2600 has only 48 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 1500 to 2500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Champion 200949, with a dry weight of just 38.6 pounds.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 52 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU2200i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 48 dBA.
- The iGen2600, offering a run time of up to 10 hours with a full tank at a 25% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, boasting with up to 26 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Predator 2000, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.08 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (48 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||98 cc Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2200 W|
|Starting watts||2600 W|
|Running amps||18.3 amps|
|Peak amps||21.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||10 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) |
2x 5V USB port
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, remaining run time and voltage|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||19.8 x 11.4 x 17.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators. Portable generators – the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse – used to be manufactured by Westpro Power Systems, which was bought in 2016 by Midwest Equipment. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, several sources report that they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse iGen2600 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1582 W||2582 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||1750 W||2170 W|
|Total||1480 W||2580 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.