-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 3
Zoom on the Westinghouse iGen2550c
In a nutshell, the Westinghouse iGen2550c is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Amateur DIY lovers
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Westinghouse iGen2550c houses a 80 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 1,800W along with a peak wattage of 2,550W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (parallel kit included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
With a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than rainfall), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 1.11 gallon allows the iGen2550c to operate for up to 11.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the iGen2550c produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (USB-A) allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
With its TT-30R receptacle (TT as in 'Travel Trailer'), this Westinghouse generator is RV Ready.
The Westinghouse iGen2550c's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L18.5 x W11 x H18 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
Labeled a lightweight portable generator, the iGen2550c weighs just 42.4 lbs. The device can be easily moved by just one person and thus, its power may be enjoyed on-the-go. Its handle (molded in the case) allows you to carry it easily, further enhancing its convenience.
One of the many iGen2550c's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the lifetime run hours, voltage, fuel level, frequency and power output and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status. To offer you even more control and easy operation during nighttime, the panel is LED-lit.
In addition to this info, some light indicators allow you to instantly see if its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is ready and the generator is on overload.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Westinghouse iGen2550c also comes with some accessories: oil, funnel and tool kit are included.
The Westinghouse iGen2550c is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Westinghouse iGen2550c versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse iGen2550c compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As for its weight, the Westinghouse iGen2550c weighs only 42.4 pounds, making it one of the lighter inverter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage category. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Genmax GM2000i with only 34.2 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 52 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU2200i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 48 dBA.
- As the iGen2550c features an autonomy of up to 11.5 hours at 25% load, it has a higher run time than an average generator of its type and power range. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the DuroMax XP2300iH, reaching up to 13 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the DuroMax XP2300iH, with a fuel consumption of 0.08 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W inverter generators, the Westinghouse iGen2550c is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Illuminated control panel
- CO Sensor
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Parallel kit included
- Lightweight (42.4 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Engine||80 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||1,800 W|
|Starting watts||2,550 W|
|Running amps||15 amps|
|Peak amps||21.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||11.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A)|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.11 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||18.5 x 11 x 18 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, and parallel cables|
|Country of origin||Vietnam|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators. Portable generators – the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse – used to be manufactured by Westpro Power Systems, which was bought in 2016 by Midwest Equipment. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse iGen2550c is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1437 W||2437 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||1435 W||2025 W|
|Total||1400 W||2500 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.