Zoom on the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO
In summary, the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO houses a 98 cc (3.4 hp) Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 2200W along with a peak wattage of 2500W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (Westinghouse WHPC Parallel Cord (opens in a new tab) not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
At a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a refrigerator), the inverter generator is started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1 gallon, the iGen2500CAMO can operate for up to 10 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH).
The iGen2500CAMO generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
Since the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is an inverter generator, its closed design (L19.8 x W11.4 x H17.9 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
The iGen2500CAMO is a lightweight, portable generator, as it only weighs 48 lbs. The product’s power can be enjoyed on-the-go, as it can be moved by a single person without trouble. Its handle (molded in the case) allows you to carry it easily, further enhancing its convenience.
A digital data center, one of the features of the iGen2500CAMO’s control panel, gives you information on the power output, fuel level, remaining run time and voltage, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status.
In addition to this info, a light indicator allows you to instantly see if the generator is on overload.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO also is packed along with the following accessories: oil, tool kit and funnel. An official storage cover is also available, as a separate purchase.
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Weight-wise, the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO has only 48 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 1500 to 2500 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Champion 200949 with only 38.6 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 52 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- The iGen2500CAMO, falls within the average autonomy range compared to generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of up to 10 hours at a 25% load and a full tank. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen2000, reaching up to 26 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This inverter generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, is one of the more fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.08 GPH, the Predator 2000 is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (48 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||98 cc Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||2200 W|
|Starting watts||2500 W|
|Running amps||18.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||20.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||10 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, remaining run time and voltage|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||19.8 x 11.4 x 17.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators – which are the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, several sources report that they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1482 W||2482 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||1750 W||2170 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||1590 W||1590 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.