Zoom on the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO
In a nutshell, the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Amateur DIY lovers
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is powered by a 98 cc (3.4 hp) Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 2200W as well as a peak wattage of 2500W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (Westinghouse WHPC Parallel Cord (opens in a new tab) not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
With a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a refrigerator), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 1 gallon, the iGen2500CAMO may run for up to 10 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the iGen2500CAMO generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L19.8 x W11.4 x H17.9 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
The iGen2500CAMO is a lightweight, portable generator, as it only weighs 48 lbs. The generator can be moved with ease by only one person and so it can be enjoyed on-the-go. In addition, a handle (molded in the case) lets you carry it easily and further increases its convenience.
The control panel of the iGen2500CAMO includes a digital data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the fuel level, voltage, remaining run time and power output.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicator will display if the generator is overloaded.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO also comes with some accessories: oil, funnel and tool kit are included. An official storage cover is also available, as a separate purchase.
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As for its weight, the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO weighs only 48 pounds, making it one of the lighter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage category. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Champion 200949, standing at just 38.6 lbs.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 52 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU2200i with only 48 dBA.
- The iGen2500CAMO, falls within the average autonomy range compared to generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of up to 10 hours at a 25% load and a full tank. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen2000, with up to 26 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Predator 2000, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.08 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (48 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||98 cc Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||2200 W|
|Starting watts||2500 W|
|Running amps||18.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||20.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||10 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, remaining run time and voltage|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||19.8 x 11.4 x 17.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators – which are the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, several sources report that they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Total||1750 W||1750 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1740 W||2330 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||1590 W||1590 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.