Zoom on the Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO
In summary, the Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
Power & Run Time
The Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO's engine, 98 cc (3.4 hp) Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 2200W and reaches a peak wattage of 2500W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (Westinghouse WHPC Parallel Cord (opens in a new tab) not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home). Its starting mechanism is based on a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the iGen2500 CAMO can operate for up to 10 hours (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1 gallon.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the iGen2500 CAMO produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
The Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L19.8 x W11.4 x H17.9 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
With a weight of only 48 lbs, the iGen2500 CAMO may be viewed as a lightweight and portable generator. The generator can be moved with ease by only one person and so it can be enjoyed on-the-go. Further convenience is provided by its handle (molded in the case), as it allows you to carry it effortlessly.
The control panel of the iGen2500 CAMO includes a digital data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the voltage, remaining run time, power output and fuel level.
In addition to this info, a light indicator shows you if the generator is on overload.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO also is packed along with the following accessories: funnel, tool kit and oil. An official storage cover is also available, as a separate purchase.
The Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO stands at only 48 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter devices of the 1500-2500 rated wattage category If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Champion 200949, weighing just 38.6 pounds.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 52 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU2200i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 48 dBA.
- The iGen2500 CAMO, offering a run time of up to 10 hours with a full tank at a 25% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, as it provides up to 26 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Predator 2000, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.08 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (48 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||98 cc Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||2200 W|
|Starting watts||2500 W|
|Running amps||18.3 amps|
|Peak amps||20.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||10 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, remaining run time and voltage|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||19.8 x 11.4 x 17.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators. Portable generators – the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse – used to be manufactured by Westpro Power Systems, which was bought in 2016 by Midwest Equipment. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, several sources report that they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1482 W||2482 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||1750 W||2170 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1590 W||1590 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.