Zoom on the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO
In summary, the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO's design includes a gasoline-fueled 98 cc (3.4 hp) Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 2200W and also a peak wattage of 2500W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (Westinghouse WHPC Parallel Cord (opens in a new tab) not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
With a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than rainfall), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1 gallon, the iGen2500CAMO can operate for up to 10 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH).
As the iGen2500CAMO produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L19.8 x W11.4 x H17.9 in), the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
Weighing just 48 lbs, the iGen2500CAMO can be considered a lightweight portable generator. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. In addition, a handle (molded in the case) lets you carry it easily and further increases its convenience.
To help you monitor the iGen2500CAMO's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the fuel level, remaining run time, power output and voltage.
In addition to this info, a light indicator serves to show you when the generator is overloaded.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO also is packed along with the following accessories: oil, funnel and tool kit.
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Weight-wise, the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO has only 48 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 1500 to 2500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the Champion 200949, with a dry weight of just 38.6 pounds.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 52 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU2200i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 48 dBA.
- Given that the iGen2500CAMO reaches an autonomy of up to 10 hours with a full tank and at 25% load, it is placed within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen2000, reaching up to 26 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Predator 2000. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.08 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (48 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||98 cc Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||2200 W|
|Starting watts||2500 W|
|Running amps||18.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||20.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||10 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, remaining run time and voltage|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||19.8 x 11.4 x 17.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators – which are the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, several sources report that they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1482 W||2482 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||1750 W||2170 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||1590 W||1590 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.