Zoom on the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO
In a nutshell, the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
Power & Run Time
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO's engine, 98 cc (3.4 hp) Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 2200W and reaches a peak wattage of 2500W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (Westinghouse WHPC Parallel Cord not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
At a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home), the inverter generator offers the possibility to start the device via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 1 gallon, the iGen2500CAMO may run for up to 10 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the iGen2500CAMO produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
It also sports 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L19.8 x W11.4 x H17.9 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
With the weight of only 48 lbs, the iGen2500CAMO may be viewed as a lightweight and portable generator. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. Further convenience is provided by a handle (molded in the case), as it allows you to carry it effortlessly.
Monitoring of the iGen2500CAMO's status and activity is made possible by a digital data center, which provides information on the voltage, power output, remaining run time and fuel level and is one of the features of its control panel.
In addition to this info, a light indicator shows you if the generator is on overload.
The fuel level of the inverter generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
Apart from the typical documentation and a user manual, which lets you start it right away, the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO also is packed along with the following accessories: funnel, tool kit and oil.
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO only weighs in at 48 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage range. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the WEN 56202i, standing at just 38.6 lbs.
- With a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU2200i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 48 dBA.
- Given that the iGen2500CAMO reaches an autonomy of up to 10 hours with a full tank and at 25% load, it is placed within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, boasting with up to 26 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Predator 2000. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.08 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (48 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||98 cc Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||2200 W|
|Starting watts||2500 W|
|Running amps||18.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||20.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||10 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port|
|Data center||Remaining run time, power output, fuel level and voltage|
|Indicators||Low Oil, overload and output Ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||19.8 x 11.4 x 17.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators – which are the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, several sources report that they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.