Zoom on the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO
In summary, the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is powered by a 98 cc (3.4 hp) Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 2200W as well as a peak wattage of 2500W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (Westinghouse WHPC Parallel Cord (opens in a new tab) not included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
With a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a refrigerator), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 1 gallon, the iGen2500CAMO may run for up to 10 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the iGen2500CAMO produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L19.8 x W11.4 x H17.9 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
Since the iGen2500CAMO weighs only 48 lbs, it can be labeled as a portable lightweight generator. The product’s power can be enjoyed on-the-go, as it can be moved by a single person without trouble. Further convenience is provided by its handle (molded in the case), as it allows you to carry it effortlessly.
The control panel of the iGen2500CAMO includes a digital data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the voltage, remaining run time, power output and fuel level.
In addition to this info, when the generator is overloaded, you will be informed by the featured light indicator.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO also comes with several accessories, including: funnel, oil and tool kit.
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As for its weight, the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO weighs only 48 pounds, making it one of the lighter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage category. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the WEN 56202i, with a dry weight of just 38.6 pounds.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 52 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Given that the iGen2500CAMO reaches an autonomy of up to 10 hours with a full tank and at 25% load, it is placed within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen2000, reaching up to 26 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Predator 2000, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.08 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (48 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||98 cc Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||2200 W|
|Starting watts||2500 W|
|Running amps||18.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||20.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||10 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, remaining run time and voltage|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||19.8 x 11.4 x 17.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators – which are the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, several sources report that they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse iGen2500CAMO is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Total||1750 W||2450 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1740 W||2330 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1590 W||1590 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.