Zoom on the Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO
In summary, the Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO is powered by a 98 cc (3.4 hp) Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 2200W as well as a peak wattage of 2500W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (Westinghouse WHPC Parallel Cord (opens in a new tab) not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
Enjoying a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than rainfall), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The iGen2500 CAMO can operate for up to 10 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1 gallon.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the iGen2500 CAMO produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
As the Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO is an inverter generator, its encased design (L19.8 x W11.4 x H17.9 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
Labeled a lightweight portable generator, the iGen2500 CAMO weighs just 46.3 lbs. As it can be moved by a single person without much effort, the generator and its power can be enjoyed on-the-go. This convenience is further enhanced thanks to its handle (molded in the case) that allows you to carry it with ease.
One of the many iGen2500 CAMO's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the voltage, remaining run time, fuel level and power output and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, a light indicator shows you if the generator is on overload.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO also comes with several accessories, including: funnel, oil and tool kit. An official storage cover is also available, as a separate purchase.
The Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO stands at only 46.3 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter devices of the 1500-2500 rated wattage category If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Champion 200949 with only 38.6 pounds.
- At a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Offering up to 10 hours of running time on a full tank at 25% load, the iGen2500 CAMO is within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, as it provides up to 26 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, is one of the more fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Predator 2000, with a fuel consumption of 0.08 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (46.3 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||98 cc Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||2200 W|
|Starting watts||2500 W|
|Running amps||18.3 amps|
|Peak amps||20.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||10 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, remaining run time and voltage|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||19.8 x 11.4 x 17.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators. Portable generators – the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse – used to be manufactured by Westpro Power Systems, which was bought in 2016 by Midwest Equipment. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, several sources report that they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse iGen2500 CAMO is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1482 W||2482 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||1750 W||2170 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1590 W||1590 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.