Zoom on the Westinghouse iGen2500c
The Westinghouse iGen2500c is the newer version of the popular iGen2500. It's a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Westinghouse iGen2500c is powered by a 98 cc Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 2200W as well as a peak wattage of 2500W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (Westinghouse WHPC Parallel Cord (opens in a new tab) not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
Enjoying a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than rainfall), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 1 gallon allows the iGen2500c to operate for up to 10 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH).
The iGen2500c generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (USB-A) allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
The Westinghouse iGen2500c's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L19.8 x W11.7 x H17.9 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
With a weight of only 47.4 lbs, the iGen2500c may be viewed as a lightweight and portable generator. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. Its handle (molded in the case) allows you to carry it easily, further enhancing its convenience.
To help you monitor the iGen2500c's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the power output, fuel level, voltage and remaining run time.
In addition to this info, when the oil level is too low, the generator is on overload and the generator is ready, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down. It’s a welcomed additional security feature, but don’t forget to always take your generator outside (opens in a new tab).
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Westinghouse iGen2500c also comes with several accessories, including: funnel, oil and tool kit.
The Westinghouse iGen2500c is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Westinghouse iGen2500c versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse iGen2500c compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 47.4 lbs, the Westinghouse iGen2500c belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 1500 to 2500 rated watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Genmax GM2000i, weighing just 34.2 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Given that the iGen2500c reaches an autonomy of up to 10 hours with a full tank and at 25% load, it is placed within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT, reaching up to 13 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This inverter generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Energizer eZV2200P, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.08 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Westinghouse iGen2500c is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Sensor
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (47.4 lbs)
- Decent run time
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||98 cc Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||2200 W|
|Starting watts||2500 W|
|Running amps||18.3 amps|
|Peak amps||20.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||10 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A)|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, remaining run time and voltage|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||19.8 x 11.7 x 17.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators. Portable generators – the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse – used to be manufactured by Westpro Power Systems, which was bought in 2016 by Midwest Equipment. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, several sources report that they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse iGen2500c is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Total||1750 W||1750 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1740 W||2330 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||1590 W||1590 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.