No CO sensor
Zoom on the Westinghouse iGen2500c
The Westinghouse iGen2500c is the newer version of the popular iGen2500. It's a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Westinghouse iGen2500c's engine, 98 cc Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 2,200W and reaches a peak wattage of 2,500W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (Westinghouse WHPC Parallel Cord (opens in a new tab) not included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
Enjoying a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than rainfall), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The iGen2500c can operate for up to 10 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1 gallon.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the iGen2500c produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (USB-A) with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
The Westinghouse iGen2500c is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L19.8 x W11.7 x H17.9 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
With a weight of only 47.4 lbs, the iGen2500c may be viewed as a lightweight and portable generator. The generator can be moved with ease by only one person and so it can be enjoyed on-the-go. In addition, a handle (molded in the case) lets you carry it easily and further increases its convenience.
A digital data center, one of the features of the iGen2500c's control panel, gives you information on the fuel level, remaining run time, power output and voltage, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status.
In addition to this info, some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is ready, the oil level is too low and the generator is overloaded.
The fuel level of the inverter generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Westinghouse iGen2500c also is packed along with the following accessories: oil, tool kit and funnel.
The Westinghouse iGen2500c is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Westinghouse iGen2500c versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse iGen2500c compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As its weight is 47.4 pounds, the Westinghouse iGen2500c falls in the expected weight range of the inverters in the 1500-2500 rated wattage category. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Genmax GM2000i, with a dry weight of just 34.2 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 52 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU2200i with only 48 dBA.
- The iGen2500c, offering a run time of up to 10 hours with a full tank at a 25% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the DuroMax XP2300iH, as it provides up to 13 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.08 GPH, the DuroMax XP2300iH is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W inverter generators, the Westinghouse iGen2500c is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Sensor
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (47.4 lbs)
- Decent run time
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||98 cc Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||2,200 W|
|Starting watts||2,500 W|
|Running amps||18.3 amps|
|Peak amps||20.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||10 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A)|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, remaining run time and voltage|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||19.8 x 11.7 x 17.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators. Portable generators – the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse – used to be manufactured by Westpro Power Systems, which was bought in 2016 by Midwest Equipment. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse iGen2500c is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Total||1750 W||1750 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1740 W||2330 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1590 W||1590 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.