Zoom on the Westinghouse iGen2200
In summary, the Westinghouse iGen2200 is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
Power & Run Time
The Westinghouse iGen2200's engine, 80 cc (3 hp) Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 1800W and reaches a peak wattage of 2200W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (Westinghouse WHPC Parallel Cord (opens in a new tab) not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
With a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than rainfall), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 1.14 gallon, the iGen2200 may run for up to 12 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH).
The iGen2200 generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L19.8 x W11.4 x H17.9 in), the Westinghouse iGen2200, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
The iGen2200 is a lightweight, portable generator, as it only weighs 46.3 lbs. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. In addition, a handle (molded in the case) lets you carry it easily and further increases its convenience.
When the oil level is too low, the generator is on overload and the generator is ready, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Westinghouse iGen2200's package also includes these accessories: tool kit, oil and funnel. An official storage cover is also available, as a separate purchase.
The Westinghouse iGen2200 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Westinghouse iGen2200 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse iGen2200 compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As for its weight, the Westinghouse iGen2200 weighs only 46.3 pounds, making it one of the lighter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage category. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Genmax GM2000i, with a dry weight of just 34.2 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU2200i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 48 dBA.
- As the iGen2200 features an autonomy of up to 12 hours at 25% load, it has a higher run time than an average generator of its power range. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT, as it provides up to 13 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Energizer eZV2200P, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.08 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Westinghouse iGen2200 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (46.3 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- No data center
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||80 cc Westinghouse OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||1800 W|
|Starting watts||2200 W|
|Running amps||15 amps|
|Peak amps||18.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10 h|
|Run time @25% load||12 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Plastic, 1.14 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||19.8 x 11.4 x 17.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators. Portable generators – the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse – used to be manufactured by Westpro Power Systems, which was bought in 2016 by Midwest Equipment. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, several sources report that they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse iGen2200 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||1192 W||2192 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||1435 W||2025 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1340 W||1340 W|
The carburetor of my generator iGen2200 is broken. Where can I get one? (Asked January 8, 2020)
Spare parts can be directly bought from Westinghouse. Use the phone number stated in the warranty section above to place your order.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.