Zoom on the Westinghouse iGen1500c
In summary, the Westinghouse iGen1500c is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Amateur DIY lovers
Power & Run Time
The Westinghouse iGen1500c's design includes a gasoline-fueled 56 cc OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 1,000W and also a peak wattage of 1,500W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
Enjoying a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a quiet suburb), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 0.79 gallon, the iGen1500c can operate for up to 12 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.07 GPH).
The iGen1500c produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (USB-A) with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
Since the Westinghouse iGen1500c is an inverter generator, its closed design (L17 x W10.5 x H16 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
Since the iGen1500c weighs only 33 lbs, it can be labeled as a portable lightweight generator. As it can be moved by a single person without much effort, the generator and its power can be enjoyed on-the-go. Its handle (molded in the case) allows you to carry it easily, further enhancing its convenience.
Good to know: This unit ranks 9th in our list of the 10 smallest portable generators.
The light indicators show you if the oil level is too low, the generator is ready and the generator is on overload. To offer greater control and easy operation during nighttime, the panel is LED-lit.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Westinghouse iGen1500c also comes with several accessories, including: tool kit, funnel and oil.
The Westinghouse iGen1500c is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Westinghouse iGen1500c versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Westinghouse iGen1500c compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1000 and 2000 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the Westinghouse iGen1500c stands at only 33 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter inverters of the 1000-2000 rated wattage category In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Pulsar PGD16iSCO, standing at just 24 lbs.
- At a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar type and power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU2200i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 48 dBA.
- The iGen1500c provides a higher run time than similarly powerful inverters, reaching up to 12 hours at 25% load. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the DuroMax XP2300iH, boasting with up to 13 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.07 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is among the most fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 1000-2000W inverter generators, the Westinghouse iGen1500c is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Illuminated control panel
- CO Sensor
- Several accessories included
- Parallel kit included
- Lightweight (33 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- No data center
Features and Specifications
|56 cc OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)
|2x 5V USB port (USB-A)
|Low oil, overload and output ready
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|17 x 10.5 x 16 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring
|Oil, funnel, tool kit, and parallel cables
|Country of origin
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The US based Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a legacy subsidiary of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, founded in 1886. While the company has been acquired and merged into the American CBS, the Westinghouse name remains as the brand name for many of their electrical solutions, which stretch across the scale from power plants to portable generators. Portable generators – the main product of the Outdoor Power Equipment branch of Westinghouse – used to be manufactured by Westpro Power Systems, which was bought in 2016 by Midwest Equipment. Lawn equipment, such as trimmers and blowers, is also sold under the Westinghouse brand name. All of their products are designed in the US. However, they are in many cases manufactured in China.
The Westinghouse iGen1500c is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse generators, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Cell phone charger
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.