No CO sensor
Zoom on the WEN GN625i
In a nutshell, the WEN GN625i is a portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Food truck owners who want to ensure that their business is fully self-contained and does not rely on potentially unreliable external power
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
Power & Run Time
The WEN GN625i is powered by a 301 cc OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 5000W as well as a peak wattage of 6250W.
This inverter generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the GN625i can operate for around 8.1 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.52 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 4.2 gallons.
The GN625i produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <1.5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel provides the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
It also sports 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
With its TT-30R receptacle (TT as in 'Travel Trailer'), this WEN generator is RV Ready. In addition, because the GN625i is equipped with a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it can power your home during a power outage, as it can be easily connected to your breaker box to power your household.
The WEN GN625i has the following dimensions: L27 x W25 x H24 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 119.5 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Nevertheless, thanks to its set of wheels and its folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
The GN625i's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicators will display if the generator is overloaded, the oil level is too low and the generator is ready.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the WEN GN625i also comes with some accessories: 2 altitude kits and tool kit are included. An official storage cover is also available, as a separate purchase.
The WEN GN625i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The WEN GN625i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the WEN GN625i compare to generators of similar power (between 4500 and 5500 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the WEN GN625i stands at only 119.5 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter devices of the 4500-5500 rated wattage category In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Genmax GM6000XiE, standing at just 106.9 lbs.
- As for its autonomy, the GN625i, with an autonomy of around 8.1 hours at a 50% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Cat RP5500, which is able to run for around 15 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.52 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Genmax GM5500i, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.41 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 4500-5500W inverter generators, the WEN GN625i is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Lightweight for its kind (119.5 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- No parallel ports
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||301 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||5000 W|
|Starting watts||6250 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||41.7/20.8 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||52.1/26 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8.1 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||4.2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||27 x 25 x 24 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||Unknown|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, 2 altitude kits, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
WEN Products, founded by Nick Anton in 1951, is an American power tool manufacturer and distributor, which claims to have a part in the development of modern chainsaw, soldering devices and wet sharpeners, through its research in random orbital technology. The Illinois based company expanded its distribution network to include various power tools, such as presses, drills and of course, power generators. As a distributor, WEN’s portfolio largely consists of branded products of different manufacturers, imported from Asia.
The WEN GN625i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of WEN generators, please consult WEN's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||3992 W||5492 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||3990 W||4580 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||3530 W||6230 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.