-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 55
Manual start + CO sensor
Electric start + Wheel kit
Electric start + Wheel kit + CO sensor
Zoom on the WEN DF475T
In a nutshell, the WEN DF475T is a compact portable generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
With its dual-fuel technology, the powerful and versatile WEN DF475T provides an output of 120/240V. While gasoline-powered, it gives a running wattage of 3,800W along with a peak wattage of 4,750W. While propane-powered, it provides 3,500 rated watts and 4,350 starting watts.
Enjoying a noise rating of 69 dBA (less noisy than background music), this generator can be started thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also to a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
As for its running time, the DF475T, along with its 4 gallons fuel capacity, can run for around 11 hours at 50% load with a full tank filled with gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.36 GPH). If propane is used, it can operate for around 7 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.67 GPH).
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
Due to the featured twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the DF475T is transfer switch ready: you may connect it to a breaker box to power your household during a power outage.
The dimensions of the WEN DF475T, which are L23.2 x W17.5 x H18.5 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
As the generator's weight is 105.8 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). However, its challenging mobility is solved by its wheel kit and its folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the WEN DF475T's package also includes these accessories: oil and propane hose.
The WEN DF475T is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The WEN DF475T versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the WEN DF475T compare to dual fuel generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- As its weight is 105.8 pounds, the WEN DF475T falls in the expected weight range of the dual fuel devices in the 3500-4500 rated wattage category. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the WEN DF402iX with only 66.1 pounds.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this generator with a lowest noise of 69 dBA can be judged as noisy. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Westinghouse iGen4500DF, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 52 dBA.
- The DF475T, falls within the average autonomy range compared to dual fuel generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of around 11 hours at a 50% load and a full tank. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Westinghouse iGen4500DF, reaching around 15 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. Standing at an estimated 0.36 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, this generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse iGen4500DF. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.23 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W dual fuel generators, the WEN DF475T is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Dual Fuel
- Decent weight (105.8 lbs)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No remote start
- On the noisy side (69 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||224 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3,800 W||3,500 W|
|Starting watts||4,750 W||4,350 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||31.7/15.8 amps||29.2/14.6 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||39.6/19.8 amps||36.3/18.1 amps|
|Run time @50% load||11 h||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Fuel tank||4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||23.2 x 17.5 x 18.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||69 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, propane hose, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
WEN Products, founded by Nick Anton in 1951, is an American power tool manufacturer and distributor, which claims to have a part in the development of modern chainsaw, soldering devices and wet sharpeners, through its research in random orbital technology. The Illinois based company expanded its distribution network to include various power tools, such as presses, drills and of course, power generators. As a distributor, WEN’s portfolio largely consists of branded products of different manufacturers, imported from Asia.
The WEN DF475T is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of WEN generators, please consult WEN's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Total||3000 W||4500 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||3035 W||3625 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||1880 W||4580 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.