Zoom on the WEN DF1100T
In summary, the WEN DF1100T is a powerful portable generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners and people participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the WEN DF1100T allows for an output of 120/240V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 8300W and a starting wattage of 11000W. If propane-powered, it gives 7500 rated watts and 9500 starting watts.
At a noise rating of 72 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a vacuum cleaner), this generator can be started via a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included), or a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 6.6 gallons, the DF1100T can operate for around 8.5 hours at 50% load using gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.78 GPH), or for around 3 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 1.57 GPH) using propane.
The control panel provides the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
While this WEN generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
The dimensions of the WEN DF1100T, which are L27.3 x W20.6 x H21.9 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
As the generator's weight is 213.8 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Still, once it is on the ground, a wheel kit and a folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
The control panel of the DF1100T includes a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours, helpful for the monitoring of its status and activity.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Apart from the typical documentation and a user manual, which lets you start it right away, the WEN DF1100T also is packed along with the following accessories: oil and propane hose.
The WEN DF1100T is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The WEN DF1100T versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the WEN DF1100T compare to generators of similar power (between 7500 and 8500 W).
- At a weight of 213.8 pounds, the WEN DF1100T places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 7500-8500 rated wattage range. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Lifan LF8750iEPL, weighing just 185 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 72 dBA, this generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the WEN GN9500. With just 64 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Autonomy-wise, with around 8.5 hours on a full tank at a 50% load, the DF1100T is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Firman H08053, which is able to run for around 12 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.78 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Westinghouse WPro8500, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.55 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 7500-8500W generators, the WEN DF1100T is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Dual Fuel
- Quiet for its power (72 dBA)
- Decent weight (213.8 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||457 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Electric, Recoil|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||8300 W||7500 W|
|Starting watts||11000 W||9500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||69.2/34.6 amps||62.5/31.3 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||91.7/45.8 amps||79.2/39.6 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8.5 h||3 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 50A (14-50R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Fuel tank||6.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||27.3 x 20.6 x 21.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||72 dBA|
|Security||Overload and low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Propane hose and oil|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
WEN Products, founded by Nick Anton in 1951, is an American power tool manufacturer and distributor, which claims to have a part in the development of modern chainsaw, soldering devices and wet sharpeners, through its research in random orbital technology. The Illinois based company expanded its distribution network to include various power tools, such as presses, drills and of course, power generators. As a distributor, WEN’s portfolio largely consists of branded products of different manufacturers, imported from Asia.
The WEN DF1100T is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of WEN generators, please consult WEN's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.