Zoom on the WEN 56475
In a nutshell, the WEN 56475 is a compact portable generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The WEN 56475's core is the 223 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 3750W and a peak wattage of 4750W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 67 dBA (less noisy than background music). Its starting mechanisms include a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 4 gallons, the 56475 can operate for around 11 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.36 GPH).
The control panel includes the following 4 AC outlets:
With its TT-30R receptacle (TT as in 'Travel Trailer'), this WEN generator is RV Ready.
The WEN 56475 has the following dimensions: L26.6 x W17.1 x H17.3 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 112.5 lbs. However, its challenging mobility is solved by a wheel kit (⌀8") and a folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
Monitoring of the 56475's status and activity is made possible by a digital data center, which provides information on the lifetime run hours and is one of the features of its control panel.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Accessory-wise, along with the previously mentioned features, the WEN 56475 is packaged with the standard documentation and a user manual, helping you start the device right away.
The WEN 56475 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The WEN 56475 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the WEN 56475 compare to generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- At a weight of 112.5 pounds, the WEN 56475 places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 3500-4500 rated wattage range. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the WEN GN400i, weighing just 66.1 pounds.
- This generator has a somewhat average expected noise for its power range, rated at 67 dBA. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Westinghouse iGen4500, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 52 dBA.
- As for its autonomy, the 56475, with an autonomy of around 11 hours at a 50% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Honda EB4000, boasting with around 16 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.36 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Westinghouse iGen4200, with a fuel consumption of 0.17 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W generators, the WEN 56475 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- RV Ready
- Electric start
- Decent weight (112.5 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (67 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||223 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3750 W|
|Starting watts||4750 W|
|Running amps||31.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||39.6 amps|
|Run time @50% load||11 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (TT-30R)
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||4 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||26.6 x 17.1 x 17.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||67 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
WEN Products, founded by Nick Anton in 1951, is an American power tool manufacturer and distributor, which claims to have a part in the development of modern chainsaw, soldering devices and wet sharpeners, through its research in random orbital technology. The Illinois based company expanded its distribution network to include various power tools, such as presses, drills and of course, power generators. As a distributor, WEN’s portfolio largely consists of branded products of different manufacturers, imported from Asia.
The WEN 56475 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of WEN generators, please consult WEN's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.