Zoom on the WEN 56155
In a nutshell, the WEN 56155 is a compact and lightweight portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
Power & Run Time
The WEN 56155's engine, 98 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 1350W and reaches a peak wattage of 1550W.
The generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 63 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a normal conversation).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon, the 56155 can operate for around 7.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.15 GPH).
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
The design of the WEN 56155 is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L20.6 x W15.4 x H16.6 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
The 56155 can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 55.8 lbs. Furthermore, the open frame of the generator further helps when holding and moving it to a different place.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
As for its accessories, apart from the previously mentioned features, the WEN 56155 also comes with the basic documentation and a user manual, allowing you to start it right away.
The WEN 56155 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The WEN 56155 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the WEN 56155 compare to generators of similar power (between 500 and 1500 W).
- At a dry weight of 55.8 pounds, the WEN 56155 is one of the heavier devices which can produce between 500 and 1500 running watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Sportsman GEN1000i, weighing just 20.3 pounds.
- Because this generator emits noise as low as 63 dBA, it can be considered to have a pretty average expected noise rating for a device of its power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU1000i. With just 42 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- The 56155, falls within the average autonomy range compared to generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of 7.5 hours at a 50% load and a full tank. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Pulsar PG2000, boasting with 12 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. As this generator uses an estimated 0.15 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Ryobi RYi1000, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.08 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 500-1500W generators, the WEN 56155 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Acceptable noise (63 dBA)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
- On the heavy side (55.8 lbs)
Where to buy the WEN 56155?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||98 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1350 W|
|Starting watts||1550 W|
|Running amps||11.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||12.9 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||20.6 x 15.4 x 16.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||63 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
WEN Products, founded by Nick Anton in 1951, is an American power tool manufacturer and distributor, which claims to have a part in the development of modern chainsaw, soldering devices and wet sharpeners, through its research in random orbital technology. The Illinois based company expanded its distribution network to include various power tools, such as presses, drills and of course, power generators. As a distributor, WEN’s portfolio largely consists of branded products of different manufacturers, imported from Asia.
The WEN 56155 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of WEN generators, please consult WEN's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.