Zoom on the WEN 56155
In summary, the WEN 56155 is a compact and lightweight portable generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Amateur DIY lovers
Power & Run Time
The WEN 56155's design includes a gasoline-fueled 98 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 1350W and also a peak wattage of 1550W.
The generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 63 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music).
The 56155 can operate for around 7.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.15 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon.
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
The dimensions of the WEN 56155, which are L20.6 x W15.4 x H16.6 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
The 56155 can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 55.8 lbs. Moreover, its open frame design makes it incredibly easy to grab the frame in order to change its location.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Accessory-wise, along with the previously mentioned features, the WEN 56155 is packaged with the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helping you start the device right away.
The WEN 56155 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The WEN 56155 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the WEN 56155 compare to generators of similar power (between 1000 and 2000 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 55.8 lbs, the WEN 56155 belongs in the expected weight range for devices which can produce between 1000 and 2000 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the ECHO EGi-1200 with only 30 pounds.
- This generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 63 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devise of a similar running wattage. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU2200i with only 48 dBA.
- Given that the 56155 reaches an autonomy of around 7.5 hours with a full tank and at 50% load, it is placed within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, boasting with around 20 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.15 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Cat INV1250, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.1 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1000-2000W generators, the WEN 56155 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (55.8 lbs)
- Decent run time
- No data center
- No electric start
- On the noisy side (63 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||98 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1350 W|
|Starting watts||1550 W|
|Running amps||11.3 amps|
|Peak amps||12.9 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||20.6 x 15.4 x 16.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||63 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
WEN Products, founded by Nick Anton in 1951, is an American power tool manufacturer and distributor, which claims to have a part in the development of modern chainsaw, soldering devices and wet sharpeners, through its research in random orbital technology. The Illinois based company expanded its distribution network to include various power tools, such as presses, drills and of course, power generators. As a distributor, WEN’s portfolio largely consists of branded products of different manufacturers, imported from Asia.
The WEN 56155 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of WEN generators, please consult WEN's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||517 W||1517 W|
|For camping||RV refrigerator||180||600|
|Total||1060 W||1480 W|
|For work||Halogen work light||1000||1000|
|Total||1000 W||1000 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.