Zoom on the WEN 56105
In summary, the WEN 56105 is a compact and lightweight portable generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The WEN 56105's engine, 63 cc WEN 2-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 900W and reaches a peak wattage of 1000W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 95 dBA (which is pretty noisy). Its starting mechanism is based on a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 1 gallon allows the 56105 to operate for around 5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.2 GPH).
The control panel features the upcoming AC outlet:
Thanks to its compact encased design (L15 x W12 x H14.5 in), the WEN 56105, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
Weighing just 39 lbs, the 56105 can be considered a lightweight portable generator. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. This convenience is further enhanced thanks to its handle that allows you to carry it with ease.
Good to know: This unit ranks 8th in our list of the 10 smallest portable generators.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Accessory-wise, along with the previously mentioned features, the WEN 56105 is packaged with the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helping you start the device right away.
The WEN 56105 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The WEN 56105 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the WEN 56105 compare to generators of similar power (between 500 and 1500 W).
- Weight-wise, the WEN 56105 has only 39 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 500 to 1500 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Sportsman GEN1000i, standing at just 20.3 lbs.
- As this generator has its lowest possible noise of 95 dBA, it should be considered noisier compared to its peers of a comparable running wattage. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU1000i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 42 dBA.
- As for its autonomy, the 56105, with an autonomy of around 5 hours at a 50% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Pulsar PG2000, as it provides around 12 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This generator is not fuel efficient compared to devices of similar output: its estimated fuel consumption stands at 0.2 GPH at a 50% load. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Ryobi RYi1000, with a fuel consumption of 0.08 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 500-1500W generators, the WEN 56105 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Lightweight (39 lbs)
- No data center
- Only 1 AC outlet
- Gas/oil mix required (2-cycle engine)
- No electric start
- On the noisy side (95 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||63 cc WEN 2-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||900 W|
|Starting watts||1000 W|
|Running amps||7.5 amps|
|Peaks amps||8.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||5 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|Fuel tank||1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||15 x 12 x 14.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||95 dBA|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
WEN Products, founded by Nick Anton in 1951, is an American power tool manufacturer and distributor, which claims to have a part in the development of modern chainsaw, soldering devices and wet sharpeners, through its research in random orbital technology. The Illinois based company expanded its distribution network to include various power tools, such as presses, drills and of course, power generators. As a distributor, WEN’s portfolio largely consists of branded products of different manufacturers, imported from Asia.
The WEN 56105 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of WEN generators, please consult WEN's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Rice cooker||650||650|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||705 W||705 W|
|For camping||RV refrigerator||180||600|
|Total||550 W||970 W|
|For work||Paint sprayer||600||600|
|Total||680 W||680 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.