Zoom on the WEN 56105
In a nutshell, the WEN 56105 is a compact and lightweight portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The WEN 56105's engine, 63 cc WEN 2-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 900W and reaches a peak wattage of 1000W.
The generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 95 dBA (which is pretty noisy).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1 gallon, the 56105 can operate for around 5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.2 GPH).
The control panel provides the upcoming AC outlet:
The WEN 56105 is a compact generator that benefits from an encased design of the following dimensions: L15 x W12 x H14.5 in. Thus, it is more esthetical than conventional, open frame products. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
The 56105 is a lightweight, portable generator, as it only weighs 39 lbs. The product’s power can be enjoyed on-the-go, as it can be moved by a single person without trouble. Further convenience is provided by its handle, as it allows you to carry it effortlessly.
Good to know: This unit ranks 8th in our list of the 10 smallest portable generators.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Accessory-wise, along with the previously mentioned features, the WEN 56105 is packaged with the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helping you start the device right away.
The WEN 56105 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The WEN 56105 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the WEN 56105 compare to generators of similar power (between 500 and 1500 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the WEN 56105 stands at only 39 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter devices of the 500-1500 rated wattage category Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Sportsman GEN1000i, with a dry weight of only 20.3 lbs.
- If compared to generators capable of producing a similar running wattage, this generator with a lowest emitted noise of 95 dBA can be considered somewhat noisy. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU1000i. With just 42 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- As for its autonomy, the 56105, with an autonomy of around 5 hours at a 50% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Pulsar PG2000, reaching around 12 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. Compared to its peers, this generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.2 GPH at a 50% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Ryobi RYi1000, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.08 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 500-1500W generators, the WEN 56105 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Lightweight (39 lbs)
- No data center
- Only 1 AC outlet
- Gas/oil mix required (2-cycle engine)
- No electric start
- On the noisy side (95 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||63 cc WEN 2-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||900 W|
|Starting watts||1000 W|
|Running amps||7.5 amps|
|Peaks amps||8.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||5 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|Fuel tank||1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||15 x 12 x 14.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||95 dBA|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
WEN Products, founded by Nick Anton in 1951, is an American power tool manufacturer and distributor, which claims to have a part in the development of modern chainsaw, soldering devices and wet sharpeners, through its research in random orbital technology. The Illinois based company expanded its distribution network to include various power tools, such as presses, drills and of course, power generators. As a distributor, WEN’s portfolio largely consists of branded products of different manufacturers, imported from Asia.
The WEN 56105 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of WEN generators, please consult WEN's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Rice cooker||650||650|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||705 W||705 W|
|For camping||RV refrigerator||180||600|
|Total||550 W||970 W|
|For work||Paint sprayer||600||600|
|Total||680 W||680 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.