No CO sensor
Zoom on the WEN 56360iX
In a nutshell, the WEN 56360iX is a compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
Power & Run Time
The WEN 56360iX's core is the 149 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 2,900W and a peak wattage of 3,600W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (parallel kit not included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
At a noise rating of 65 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a normal conversation), the inverter generator is started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon, the 56360iX may run for around 5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.32 GPH).
The 56360iX generates a clean sine wave: providing <1.2% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 3 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries and two 5V USB ports (USB-A) allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
Thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer'), this WEN generator is RV Ready.
As the WEN 56360iX is an inverter generator, its encased design (L17.4 x W11.6 x H19.4 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
Since the 56360iX weighs only 46.3 lbs, it can be labeled as a portable lightweight generator. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. Its handle (molded in the case) allows you to carry it easily, further enhancing its convenience.
A digital data center, one of the features of the 56360iX's control panel, gives you information on the frequency, fuel level, voltage, power output and lifetime run hours, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status.
In addition to this info, when the generator is ready, the generator is on overload and the oil level is too low, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
The fuel shutoff feature turns off the flow of fuel, allowing for the 56360iX to use up the remaining fuel from the carburetor before automatically shutting down. This helps fight the build-up and blockages caused by stagnant fuel inside the carburetor, minimizing maintenance while prolonging the unit’s lifespan.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off, an overload protection (circuit breaker) and a low fuel automatic shutdown.
The unit also benefits from WEN's CO Watchdog carbon monoxide detection. This system measures the accumulation of poisonous CO gas while the generator is running. If the level of CO gas gets too high, the CO Watchdog system will automatically shut down the generator.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the WEN 56360iX, the following accessories are also included: funnel, tool kit and oil.
The WEN 56360iX is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The WEN 56360iX versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the WEN 56360iX compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the WEN 56360iX weighs just 46.3 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 2500 to 3500 rated wattage inverter generators. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO with only 46 pounds.
- If compared to generators capable of producing a similar running wattage, this inverter generator with a lowest emitted noise of 65 dBA can be considered somewhat noisy. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU3000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 50 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with around 5 hours on a full tank at a 50% load, the 56360iX is on the low end when compared to other inverter generators of a similar power output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Ryobi RYi4022X, boasting with around 12 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator is somewhat less fuel efficient than devices of comparable output: its estimated fuel consumption reaches 0.32 GPH at a 50% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.22 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W inverter generators, the WEN 56360iX is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Watchdog
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (46.3 lbs)
- No electric start
- On the noisy side (65 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||149 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2,900 W|
|Starting watts||3,600 W|
|Running amps||24.2 amps|
|Peak amps||30 amps|
|Run time @50% load||5 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) |
2x 5V USB port (USB-A)
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||17.4 x 11.6 x 19.4 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||65 dBA|
|Security||Low oil, overload and low fuel protection, CO monitoring|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, and tool kit|
|Country of origin||China|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
WEN Products, founded by Nick Anton in 1951, is an American power tool manufacturer and distributor, which claims to have a part in the development of modern chainsaw, soldering devices and wet sharpeners, through its research in random orbital technology. The Illinois based company expanded its distribution network to include various power tools, such as presses, drills and of course, power generators. As a distributor, WEN’s portfolio largely consists of branded products of different manufacturers, imported from Asia.
The WEN 56360iX is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of WEN generators, please consult WEN's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||2312 W||3312 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||2315 W||2905 W|
|Total||2210 W||3310 W|
What can I use for a replacement spark plug for the Wen 3600W 56360ix? Thank you. (Asked August 15, 2023)
Spark plug should be Torch E6RTC or equivalent.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.