-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 1
No CO sensor
Zoom on the WEN 56360iX
In a nutshell, the WEN 56360iX is a compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
In the following paragraphs, we shall explore the power characteristics, available outlets, portability, and any additional features of the device, along with its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The WEN 56360iX's core is the 149 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 2,900W and a peak wattage of 3,600W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (parallel kit not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
At a noise rating of 65 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music), the inverter generator is started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon allows the 56360iX to operate for around 5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.32 GPH).
As the 56360iX produces a clean sine wave, with a <1.2% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 3 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease and two 5V USB ports (USB-A) with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
With its TT-30R receptacle (TT as in 'Travel Trailer'), this WEN generator is RV Ready.
The WEN 56360iX's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L17.4 x W11.6 x H19.4 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
Weighing just 46.3 lbs, the 56360iX can be considered a lightweight portable generator. As it can be moved by a single person without much effort, the generator and its power can be enjoyed on-the-go. Its handle (molded in the case) allows you to carry it easily, further enhancing its convenience.
One of the many 56360iX's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the fuel level, power output, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is overloaded, the generator is ready and the oil level is too low.
The fuel shutoff feature turns off the flow of fuel, allowing for the 56360iX to use up the remaining fuel from the carburetor before automatically shutting down. This helps fight the build-up and blockages caused by stagnant fuel inside the carburetor, minimizing maintenance while prolonging the unit’s lifespan.
As for its security measures, the device features a low fuel automatic shutdown, an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
The unit also benefits from WEN's CO Watchdog carbon monoxide detection. This system measures the accumulation of poisonous CO gas while the generator is running. If the level of CO gas gets too high, the CO Watchdog system will automatically shut down the generator.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the WEN 56360iX also comes with some accessories: oil, tool kit and funnel are included.
The WEN 56360iX is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The WEN 56360iX versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the WEN 56360iX compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the WEN 56360iX weighs just 46.3 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 2500 to 3500 rated wattage inverter generators. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, weighing just 46 pounds.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this inverter generator with a lowest noise of 65 dBA can be judged as noisy. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU3000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 50 dBA.
- The 56360iX's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its type and power range, as it reaches only around 5 hours at 50% load on a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Ryobi RYi4022X, as it provides around 12 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. In fact, this inverter generator is not among the most fuel efficient, within the aforementioned wattage range : its estimated gasoline consumption at 50% load is around 0.32 GPH. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.22 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W inverter generators, the WEN 56360iX is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- CO Watchdog
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (46.3 lbs)
- No electric start
- On the noisy side (65 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||149 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2,900 W|
|Starting watts||3,600 W|
|Running amps||24.2 amps|
|Peak amps||30 amps|
|Run time @50% load||5 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) |
2x 5V USB port (USB-A)
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||17.4 x 11.6 x 19.4 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||65 dBA|
|Security||Low oil, overload and low fuel protection, CO monitoring|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, and tool kit|
|Country of origin||China|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
WEN Products, founded by Nick Anton in 1951, is an American power tool manufacturer and distributor, which claims to have a part in the development of modern chainsaw, soldering devices and wet sharpeners, through its research in random orbital technology. The Illinois based company expanded its distribution network to include various power tools, such as presses, drills and of course, power generators. As a distributor, WEN’s portfolio largely consists of branded products of different manufacturers, imported from Asia.
The WEN 56360iX is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of WEN generators, please consult WEN's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||2312 W||3312 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||2315 W||2905 W|
|Total||2210 W||3310 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.