-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 9
No CO sensor
Zoom on the WEN 56360i
In a nutshell, the WEN 56360i is a compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
In the following paragraphs, we shall explore the power characteristics, available outlets, portability, and any additional features of the device, along with its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The WEN 56360i's engine, 149 cc OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 2,900W and reaches a peak wattage of 3,600W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (parallel kit not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
At a noise rating of 65 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a normal conversation), the inverter generator is started via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the 56360i can operate for around 5 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.32 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon.
The 56360i generates a clean sine wave: providing <1.2% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 3 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy and two 5V USB ports (USB-A) with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
This WEN generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
As the WEN 56360i is an inverter generator, its encased design (L17.4 x W11.6 x H19.4 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
Since the 56360i weighs only 46.3 lbs, it can be labeled as a portable lightweight generator. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. Further convenience is provided by its handle (molded in the case), as it allows you to carry it effortlessly.
Monitoring of the 56360i's status and activity is made possible by a digital data center, which provides information on the fuel level, power output, lifetime run hours, frequency and voltage and is one of the features of its control panel.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicators will display if the generator is overloaded, the generator is ready and its oil levels are insufficient.
The fuel shutoff feature turns off the flow of fuel, allowing for the 56360i to use up the remaining fuel from the carburetor before automatically shutting down. This helps fight the build-up and blockages caused by stagnant fuel inside the carburetor, minimizing maintenance while prolonging the unit’s lifespan.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with a low fuel automatic shutdown, an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the WEN 56360i, the following accessories are also included: funnel, oil and tool kit.
The WEN 56360i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The WEN 56360i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the WEN 56360i compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the WEN 56360i stands at only 46.3 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter inverters of the 2500-3500 rated wattage category If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, with a dry weight of just 46 pounds.
- If compared to generators capable of producing a similar running wattage, this inverter generator with a lowest emitted noise of 65 dBA can be considered somewhat noisy. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU3000iS. With just 50 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Autonomy-wise, with around 5 hours on a full tank at a 50% load, the 56360i is on the low end when compared to other inverter generators of a similar power output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Ryobi RYi4022X, as it provides around 12 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.32 GPH at a 50% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.22 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W inverter generators, the WEN 56360i is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (46.3 lbs)
- No electric start
- On the noisy side (65 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||149 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2,900 W|
|Starting watts||3,600 W|
|Running amps||24.2 amps|
|Peak amps||30 amps|
|Run time @50% load||5 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) |
2x 5V USB port (USB-A)
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||17.4 x 11.6 x 19.4 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||65 dBA|
|Security||Low oil, overload and low fuel protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, and tool kit|
|Country of origin||China|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
WEN Products, founded by Nick Anton in 1951, is an American power tool manufacturer and distributor, which claims to have a part in the development of modern chainsaw, soldering devices and wet sharpeners, through its research in random orbital technology. The Illinois based company expanded its distribution network to include various power tools, such as presses, drills and of course, power generators. As a distributor, WEN’s portfolio largely consists of branded products of different manufacturers, imported from Asia.
The WEN 56360i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of WEN generators, please consult WEN's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||2312 W||3312 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||2315 W||2905 W|
|Total||2210 W||3310 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.