Zoom on the WEN 56310i-RV
In a nutshell, the WEN 56310i-RV is a quiet portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
Power & Run Time
The WEN 56310i-RV's core is the 212 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 2800W and a peak wattage of 3100W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (WEN 56421 Parallel kit not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
At a noise rating of 57 dBA (less noisy than a conversation at home), the inverter generator offers the possibility to start the device via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 1.85 gallon allows the 56310i-RV to operate for around 7.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.25 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the 56310i-RV generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <1.2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 3 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease and two 5V USB ports with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
Thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer'), this WEN generator is RV Ready.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L26.75 x W20 x H23 in), the WEN 56310i-RV, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
The 56310i-RV's dry weight of 81.4 lbs lets you use its power anywhere needed. In addition, with a wheel kit and a folding handle, it may be displaced with ease, once placed the floor.
The light indicators show you if its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is ready and the generator is on overload.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
As for its accessories, apart from the previously mentioned features, the WEN 56310i-RV also comes with the basic documentation and a user manual, allowing you to start it right away.
The WEN 56310i-RV is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The WEN 56310i-RV versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the WEN 56310i-RV compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Weight-wise, the WEN 56310i-RV has only 81.4 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 2500 to 3500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the Honda EG2800i, with a dry weight of just 66.6 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 57 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU3000iS, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 50 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with 7.5 hours on a full tank at a 50% load, the 56310i-RV is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Honda EB4000, as it provides 16 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.25 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, is one of the more fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Westinghouse iGen4200, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.17 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the WEN 56310i-RV is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- RV Ready
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight for its kind (81.4 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (57 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Where to buy the WEN 56310i-RV?
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||212 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2800 W|
|Starting watts||3100 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||25.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (TT-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A |
2x 5V USB port
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.85 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||26.75 x 20 x 23 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||57 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
WEN Products, founded by Nick Anton in 1951, is an American power tool manufacturer and distributor, which claims to have a part in the development of modern chainsaw, soldering devices and wet sharpeners, through its research in random orbital technology. The Illinois based company expanded its distribution network to include various power tools, such as presses, drills and of course, power generators. As a distributor, WEN’s portfolio largely consists of branded products of different manufacturers, imported from Asia.
The WEN 56310i-RV is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of WEN generators, please consult WEN's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.