Zoom on the WEN 56225i
In a nutshell, the WEN 56225i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Amateur DIY lovers
Power & Run Time
The WEN 56225i's build contains a gasoline-fueled 79.7 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 1800W and also a peak wattage of 2250W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (WEN 56421 Parallel kit not included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 53 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a refrigerator). Its starting mechanism is based on a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 1 gallon allows the 56225i to operate for around 6 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH).
As the 56225i produces a clean sine wave, with a <1.2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
It also sports 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
The WEN 56225i is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L18 x W11.5 x H18.2 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
Since the 56225i weighs only 48.5 lbs, it can be labeled as a portable lightweight generator. The generator can be moved with ease by only one person and so it can be enjoyed on-the-go. It can also be carried without effort with a featured handle (molded in the case), further improving its convenience.
Some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is overloaded, the oil level is too low and the generator is ready.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
The fuel shutoff feature turns off the flow of fuel, allowing for the 56225i to use up the remaining fuel from the carburetor before automatically shutting down. This helps fight the build-up and blockages caused by stagnant fuel inside of the carburetor, minimizing maintenance while prolonging the unit’s lifespan.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off, a low fuel automatic shutdown and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
Along with the aforementioned features, from an accessory standpoint, the WEN 56225i's box includes the typical documentation and a user manual, which will help you start your generator promptly.
The WEN 56225i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The WEN 56225i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the WEN 56225i compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the WEN 56225i weighs just 48.5 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 1500 to 2500 rated wattage generators. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the WEN 56202i, with a dry weight of just 38.6 pounds.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 53 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU2200i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 48 dBA.
- As for its autonomy, the 56225i, with an autonomy of around 6 hours at a 50% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen2000, with around 20 hours .
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This inverter generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Westinghouse iGen2200, with a fuel consumption of 0.12 GPH could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the WEN 56225i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (48.5 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (53 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||79.7 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||1800 W|
|Starting watts||2250 W|
|Running amps||15 amps|
|Peaks amps||18.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||6 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||18 x 11.5 x 18.2 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||53 dBA|
|Security||Low oil, overload and low fuel protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
WEN Products, founded by Nick Anton in 1951, is an American power tool manufacturer and distributor, which claims to have a part in the development of modern chainsaw, soldering devices and wet sharpeners, through its research in random orbital technology. The Illinois based company expanded its distribution network to include various power tools, such as presses, drills and of course, power generators. As a distributor, WEN’s portfolio largely consists of branded products of different manufacturers, imported from Asia.
The WEN 56225i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of WEN generators, please consult WEN's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.