Zoom on the WEN 5613K
In a nutshell, the WEN 5613K is a powerful portable generator mostly geared towards professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure.
Power & Run Time
The WEN 5613K's core is the 670 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 11000W and a peak wattage of 13000W.
At a noise rating of 82 dBA (just slightly more noisy than an alarm clock), the generator is started via a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 8 gallons, the 5613K can operate for around 7.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 1.07 GPH).
The control panel provides the upcoming 7 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
Even though this WEN generator isn't quite RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle allows an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, because the 5613K is equipped with a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it can power your home during a power outage, as it can be easily connected to your breaker box to power your household.
The WEN 5613K has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L32.5 x W27 x H23.63 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 330 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Still, once it is on the ground, its wheel kit and its folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
In addition, the device is equipped with a lift hook on the top of its frame, which provides extra safety during the loading, unloading and transport of the generator.
The 5613K and its control panel include a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours. This feature comes handy when monitoring its status and activity.
In addition to this info, a light indicator shows you if its oil levels are insufficient.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
Besides the features previously mentioned, accessory-wise, the WEN 5613K comes with the usual documentation and owner's manual (opens in a new tab) needed to get you promptly started.
The WEN 5613K is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The WEN 5613K versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the WEN 5613K compare to generators of similar power (between 10000 and 14000 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 330 lbs, the WEN 5613K belongs in the expected weight range for devices which can produce between 10000 and 14000 rated watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, weighing just 218 pounds.
- This generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 82 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devise of a similar running wattage. If you are concerned with noise, check out the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 69 dBA.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing around 7.5 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 50% load, the 5613K falls into the low end in comparison with other devices of a comparable power output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Powerhorse 13000ES, with around 15 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 1.07 GPH at a 50% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.78 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 10000-14000W generators, the WEN 5613K is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Electric start
- Decent weight (330 lbs)
- No recoil back-up
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
- On the noisy side (82 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||670 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||11000 W|
|Starting watts||13000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||91.7/45.8 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||108.3/54.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Fuel tank||8 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||32.5 x 27 x 23.63 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||82 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
WEN Products, founded by Nick Anton in 1951, is an American power tool manufacturer and distributor, which claims to have a part in the development of modern chainsaw, soldering devices and wet sharpeners, through its research in random orbital technology. The Illinois based company expanded its distribution network to include various power tools, such as presses, drills and of course, power generators. As a distributor, WEN’s portfolio largely consists of branded products of different manufacturers, imported from Asia.
The WEN 5613K is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of WEN generators, please consult WEN's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||8787 W||10262 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||8785 W||9205 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||8460 W||12960 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.