Zoom on the WEN 5613K
In summary, the WEN 5613K is a powerful portable generator especially useful for:
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
- Prudent homeowners who want a backup power source in case of a power outage
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The WEN 5613K is powered by a 670 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 11000W as well as a peak wattage of 13000W.
At a noise rating of 82 dBA (just slightly more noisy than an alarm clock), the generator offers the possibility to start the device via a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
With a full tank, the 5613K can operate for around 7.5 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 1.07 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 8 gallons.
The control panel features the upcoming 7 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
This WEN generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, due to the featured twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the 5613K is transfer switch ready: you may connect it to a breaker box to power your household during a power outage.
The dimensions of the WEN 5613K, which are L32.5 x W27 x H23.63 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 330 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Never less, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of a wheel kit and a folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
The generator comes with an additional safety feature, a lift hook on the top of its frame, which is helpful during its transport, loading and unloading.
The 5613K's control center features a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours to aid you with the monitoring of its status and activity.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicator will display if its oil levels are insufficient.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
As for its accessories, apart from the previously mentioned features, the WEN 5613K also comes with the basic documentation and a user manual, allowing you to start it right away.
The WEN 5613K is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The WEN 5613K versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the WEN 5613K compare to generators of similar power (between 10000 and 17500 W).
- With a dry weight of 330 pounds, the WEN 5613K finds itself in the expected weight range for generators able to produce between 10000 and 17500 rated watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, weighing just 218 pounds.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this generator and its lowest emitted noise of 82 dBA is on the noisier side. If you are concerned with noise, check out the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 69 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the 5613K, reaching 7.5 hours at a 50% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Cat RP12000 E, as it provides 11.7 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator This generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 1.07 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.78 GPH, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 10000-17500W generators, the WEN 5613K is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Electric start
- Decent weight (330 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No recoil back-up
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
- On the noisy side (82 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
Where to buy the WEN 5613K?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||670 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||11000 W|
|Starting watts||13000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||91.7/45.8 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||108.3/54.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
1x 120/240V 50A (14-50R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Fuel tank||8 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||32.5 x 27 x 23.63 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||82 dBA|
|Security||Overload and low oil protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
WEN Products, founded by Nick Anton in 1951, is an American power tool manufacturer and distributor, which claims to have a part in the development of modern chainsaw, soldering devices and wet sharpeners, through its research in random orbital technology. The Illinois based company expanded its distribution network to include various power tools, such as presses, drills and of course, power generators. As a distributor, WEN’s portfolio largely consists of branded products of different manufacturers, imported from Asia.
The WEN 5613K is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of WEN generators, please consult WEN's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.