Zoom on the WEN 5613K
In summary, the WEN 5613K is a powerful portable generator especially useful for professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment.
Power & Run Time
The WEN 5613K houses a 670 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120/240V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 11000W along with a peak wattage of 13000W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 82 dBA (just slightly more noisy than an alarm clock). Its starting mechanism is based on a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 8 gallons, the 5613K can operate for around 7.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 1.07 GPH).
The control panel features the following 7 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
This WEN generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, because the 5613K is equipped with a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it can power your home during a power outage, as it can be easily connected to your breaker box to power your household.
The dimensions of the WEN 5613K, which are L32.5 x W27 x H23.63 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
As the generator's weight is 330 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Still, once it is on the ground, its wheel kit and its folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
A lift hook located on the top of the frame offers an additional safety feature while facilitating the transport, loading and unloading of the generator.
The 5613K's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
In addition to this info, a light indicator serves to show you when its oil levels are insufficient.
The generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Regarding its accessories, besides the aforementioned features, the WEN 5613K's box includes the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start it right off the bat.
The WEN 5613K is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The WEN 5613K versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the WEN 5613K compare to generators of similar power (between 10000 and 14000 W).
- Having a dry weight of 330 lbs, the WEN 5613K belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 10000 to 14000 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, standing at just 218 lbs.
- As this generator has its lowest possible noise of 82 dBA, it should be considered noisier compared to its peers of a comparable running wattage. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, whose lowest noise levels reach just 69 dBA.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing around 7.5 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 50% load, the 5613K falls into the low end in comparison with other devices of a comparable power output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Powerhorse 13000ES, which is able to run for around 15 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This generator is somewhat less fuel efficient than devices of comparable output: its estimated fuel consumption reaches 1.07 GPH at a 50% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.78 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 10000-14000W generators, the WEN 5613K is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Electric start
- Decent weight (330 lbs)
- No recoil back-up
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
- On the noisy side (82 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||670 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||11000 W|
|Starting watts||13000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||91.7/45.8 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||108.3/54.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Fuel tank||8 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||32.5 x 27 x 23.63 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||82 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
WEN Products, founded by Nick Anton in 1951, is an American power tool manufacturer and distributor, which claims to have a part in the development of modern chainsaw, soldering devices and wet sharpeners, through its research in random orbital technology. The Illinois based company expanded its distribution network to include various power tools, such as presses, drills and of course, power generators. As a distributor, WEN’s portfolio largely consists of branded products of different manufacturers, imported from Asia.
The WEN 5613K is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of WEN generators, please consult WEN's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||8782 W||10282 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Total||8790 W||9380 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Pressure washer (1 hp)||1200||3600|
|Total||8460 W||12960 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.