This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
It was replaced by the WEN DF1100T. However, you might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Zoom on the WEN 5613K
In a nutshell, the WEN 5613K is a powerful portable generator mostly geared towards professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment.
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The WEN 5613K's core is the 670 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 11000W and a peak wattage of 13000W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 82 dBA (just slightly more noisy than an alarm clock), this generator gets running thanks to a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
With a full tank, the 5613K can operate for around 7.5 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 1.07 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 8 gallons.
The control panel features the following 7 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
Even if this WEN generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor, thanks to its L5-30R receptacle. Besides, because the 5613K is equipped with a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it can power your home during a power outage, as it can be easily connected to your breaker box to power your household.
With its dimensions of L32.5 x W27 x H23.63 in, the conventional, open frame design of the WEN 5613K offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 330 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). However, its challenging mobility is solved by its wheel kit and its folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
The generator comes with an additional safety feature, a lift hook on the top of its frame, which is helpful during its transport, loading and unloading.
The control panel of the 5613K includes a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours, helpful for the monitoring of its status and activity.
In addition to this info, when the oil level is too low, you will be informed by the featured light indicator.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Along with the aforementioned features, from an accessory standpoint, the WEN 5613K's box includes the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which will help you start your generator promptly.
The WEN 5613K is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The WEN 5613K versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the WEN 5613K compare to generators of similar power (between 10000 and 14000 W).
- With a dry weight of 330 pounds, the WEN 5613K finds itself in the expected weight range for generators able to produce between 10000 and 14000 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, with a dry weight of just 218 pounds.
- As this generator has its lowest possible noise of 82 dBA, it should be considered noisier compared to its peers of a comparable running wattage. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, whose lowest noise levels reach just 69 dBA.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing around 7.5 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 50% load, the 5613K falls into the low end in comparison with other devices of a comparable power output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Powerhorse 13000ES, reaching around 15 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 1.07 GPH at a 50% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the A-iPower SUA13000EFI. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.78 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
The bottom line
- Electric start
- Decent weight (330 lbs)
- No recoil back-up
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
- On the noisy side (82 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||670 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||11000 W|
|Starting watts||13000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||91.7/45.8 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||108.3/54.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Fuel tank||8 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||32.5 x 27 x 23.63 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||82 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Battery and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
WEN Products, founded by Nick Anton in 1951, is an American power tool manufacturer and distributor, which claims to have a part in the development of modern chainsaw, soldering devices and wet sharpeners, through its research in random orbital technology. The Illinois based company expanded its distribution network to include various power tools, such as presses, drills and of course, power generators. As a distributor, WEN’s portfolio largely consists of branded products of different manufacturers, imported from Asia.
The WEN 5613K is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of WEN generators, please consult WEN's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||8782 W||10282 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Total||8790 W||9380 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||8460 W||12960 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.