Zoom on the WEN 56125i
In a nutshell, the WEN 56125i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Amateur DIY lovers
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The WEN 56125i's design includes a gasoline-fueled 60 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 1000W and also a peak wattage of 1250W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (WEN 56421 Parallel kit (opens in a new tab) not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a low noise of 51 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a quiet suburb), which places it in our list of the 10 quietest portable generators.
With a full tank, the 56125i can operate for around 5 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.14 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 0.69 gallon.
The 56125i produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <1.2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
It also sports 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
The WEN 56125i's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L17 x W9 x H16.5 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
Labeled a lightweight portable generator, the 56125i weighs just 31.6 lbs. The generator can be moved with ease by only one person and so it can be enjoyed on-the-go. Its handle (molded in the case) allows you to carry it easily, further enhancing its convenience.
Good to know: This unit ranks 7th in our list of the 10 smallest portable generators.
The light indicators show you if the generator is overloaded, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is ready.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Regarding its accessories, besides the aforementioned features, the WEN 56125i's box includes the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start it right off the bat.
The WEN 56125i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The WEN 56125i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the WEN 56125i compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1000 and 2000 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the WEN 56125i weighs just 31.6 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 1000 to 2000 rated wattage inverter generators. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Genmax GM1200i, standing at just 25.3 lbs.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 51 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Autonomy-wise, with around 5 hours on a full tank at a 50% load, the 56125i is on the low end when compared to other inverter generators of a similar power output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse iGen2200, which is able to run for around 10 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.14 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this inverter generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.11 GPH, the Westinghouse iGen2200 is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1000-2000W inverter generators, the WEN 56125i is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (31.6 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (51 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||60 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||1000 W|
|Starting watts||1250 W|
|Running amps||8.3 amps|
|Peak amps||10.4 amps|
|Run time @50% load||5 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||0.69 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||17 x 9 x 16.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||51 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
WEN Products, founded by Nick Anton in 1951, is an American power tool manufacturer and distributor, which claims to have a part in the development of modern chainsaw, soldering devices and wet sharpeners, through its research in random orbital technology. The Illinois based company expanded its distribution network to include various power tools, such as presses, drills and of course, power generators. As a distributor, WEN’s portfolio largely consists of branded products of different manufacturers, imported from Asia.
The WEN 56125i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of WEN generators, please consult WEN's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||247 W||1247 W|
|For camping||RV refrigerator||180||600|
|Total||780 W||1200 W|
|For work||Reciprocating saw||730||960|
|Total||730 W||960 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.