Zoom on the WEN 56125i
In summary, the WEN 56125i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The WEN 56125i houses a 60 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 1,000W along with a peak wattage of 1,250W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (WEN 56421 Parallel kit (opens in a new tab) not included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
Enjoying a really low noise rating of 51 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home) which secured it a place in our list of the 10 quietest portable generators, the inverter generator is started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 0.69 gallon, the 56125i may run for around 5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.14 GPH).
The 56125i produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <1.2% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L17 x W9 x H16.5 in), the WEN 56125i, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
The 56125i is a lightweight, portable generator, as it only weighs 31.6 lbs. The product’s power can be enjoyed on-the-go, as it can be moved by a single person without trouble. It can also be carried without effort with a featured handle (molded in the case), further improving its convenience.
Good to know: This unit ranks 6th in our list of the 10 smallest portable generators.
Some light indicators allow you to instantly see if its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the features previously mentioned, accessory-wise, the WEN 56125i comes with the usual documentation and owner's manual (opens in a new tab) needed to get you promptly started.
The WEN 56125i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The WEN 56125i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the WEN 56125i compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1000 and 2000 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the WEN 56125i stands at only 31.6 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter inverters of the 1000-2000 rated wattage category If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Pulsar PGD16iSCO with only 24 pounds.
- At a lowest noise rating of 51 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar type and power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU2200i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 48 dBA.
- As for its autonomy, the 56125i, with an autonomy of around 5 hours at a 50% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Westinghouse iGen2200, reaching around 10 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.14 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this inverter generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.09 GPH, the Pulsar PGD16iSCO is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1000-2000W inverter generators, the WEN 56125i is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (31.6 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (51 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||60 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||1,000 W|
|Starting watts||1,250 W|
|Running amps||8.3 amps|
|Peak amps||10.4 amps|
|Run time @50% load||5 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||0.69 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||17 x 9 x 16.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||51 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
WEN Products, founded by Nick Anton in 1951, is an American power tool manufacturer and distributor, which claims to have a part in the development of modern chainsaw, soldering devices and wet sharpeners, through its research in random orbital technology. The Illinois based company expanded its distribution network to include various power tools, such as presses, drills and of course, power generators. As a distributor, WEN’s portfolio largely consists of branded products of different manufacturers, imported from Asia.
The WEN 56125i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of WEN generators, please consult WEN's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||247 W||1247 W|
|For camping||RV refrigerator||180||600|
|Total||780 W||1200 W|
|For work||Reciprocating saw||730||960|
|Total||730 W||960 W|
How many kilowatts is this generator ? (Asked December 22, 2022)
The unit provides 1kW of running wattage and 1,25kW of starting wattage.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.