This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
It was replaced by the Ryobi RYi2322. However, you might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Zoom on the Ryobi RYi2000GRA
In summary, the Ryobi RYi2000GRA is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
Power & Run Time
The Ryobi RYi2000GRA's core is the 80 cc Ryobi OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 1,600W and a peak wattage of 2,000W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (parallel kit not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
With a noise rating of 57 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator), the inverter generator features Ryobi's EasyStart pull-start mechanism (more information below).
With a fuel capacity of 1.2 gallon, the RYi2000GRA may run for up to 10.3 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.12 GPH).
As the RYi2000GRA produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
The Ryobi RYi2000GRA's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L18.5 x W12.5 x H19 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
The RYi2000GRA can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 52 lbs. In addition, its nifty handle (molded in the case) improves your grip, allowing for an easy transport of the RYi2000GRA from place to place.
The unit benefits from Ryobi’s EasyStart mechanism. This 3-step starting system allows you to easily start your generator. It works in the following way:
- Place the dial on the “COLD START” position
- Pull the recoil until the engine runs
- Let the engine run 15 to 30 seconds and place the dial on the “RUN/RE-START” position
A light indicator allows you to instantly see if the generator is overloaded.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Ryobi RYi2000GRA's package also includes these accessories: funnel, oil and tool kit.
The Ryobi RYi2000GRA is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Ryobi RYi2000GRA versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Ryobi RYi2000GRA compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 52 lbs, the Ryobi RYi2000GRA belongs in the expected weight range for inverter generators which produce 1500 to 2500 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Genmax GM2000i, standing at just 34.2 lbs.
- Since the inverter generator's noise is rated at 57 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar type and power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- As the RYi2000GRA offers up to 10.3 hours run time on a full tank at a 25% load, it falls within the average autonomy range among the inverter generators of a similar power. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Yamaha EF2800i, with up to 14.7 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.12 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the DuroMax XP2300iH, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.08 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Decent weight (52 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (57 dBA)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||80 cc Ryobi OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||1,600 W|
|Starting watts||2,000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peak amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||10.3 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|Fuel tank||1.2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||18.5 x 12.5 x 19 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||57 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1943, Ryobi Limited is a Japanese based manufacturer that throughout its history mainly focused on electrical and automotive components. However, their quite recent power tool branch has proven to be popular for the quality and reliability of its products, which are nowadays found globally on the shelves of popular retailers. Ryobi products are listed to be produced in various locations globally, mainly US, Germany, Japan and China.
The Ryobi RYi2000GRA is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi generators, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||992 W||1992 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1270 W||1860 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1260 W||1260 W|