Zoom on the Rainier R2200i
In a nutshell, the Rainier R2200i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Amateur DIY lovers
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Rainier R2200i's engine, 79 cc (2.7 hp) Rainier OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 1800W and reaches a peak wattage of 2200W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (parallel kit not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a refrigerator). Its starting mechanism is based on a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 1.3 gallon, the R2200i may run for up to 13 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH).
The R2200i produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
The Rainier R2200i's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L19.7 x W13.3 x H17.3 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
With the weight of only 44 lbs, the R2200i may be viewed as a lightweight and portable generator. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. Further convenience is provided by a handle (molded in the case), as it allows you to carry it effortlessly.
When the generator is on overload, the oil level is too low and the generator is ready, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
Along the basic documentation and a user manual, useful for starting the generator right away, the Rainier R2200i's package also includes these accessories: oil, tool kit and funnel.
The Rainier R2200i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Rainier R2200i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Rainier R2200i compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- In terms of its dry weigh, the Rainier R2200i stands at only 44 lbs, meaning that is one of the one of the lighter devices of the 1500-2500 rated wattage category Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the WEN 56202i, with a dry weight of only 38.6 lbs.
- With a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU2200i with only 48 dBA.
- As the R2200i offers 13 hours run time on a full tank at a 25% load, it falls within the average autonomy range among the generators of a similar power. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, which is able to run for 26 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Energizer eZV2000P. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.08 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Rainier R2200i is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (44 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- No data center
- No electric start
Where to buy the Rainier R2200i?
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||79 cc Rainier OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1800 W|
|Starting watts||2200 W|
|Running amps||15 amps|
|Peaks amps||18.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||13 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Indicators||Low oil, output ready and overload|
|Fuel tank||1.3 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||19.7 x 13.3 x 17.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Rainier R2200i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Rainier generators, please consult Rainier's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.