Zoom on the Pulsar PGD95BiSCO
In a nutshell, the Pulsar PGD95BiSCO is a powerful portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
Power & Run Time
With its dual-fuel technology, the powerful and versatile Pulsar PGD95BiSCO provides an output of 120/240V. While gasoline-powered, it gives a running wattage of 7,600W along with a peak wattage of 9,500W. While propane-powered, it provides 7,200 rated watts and 8,550 starting watts. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (parallel kit not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
At a noise rating of 62 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a normal conversation), this inverter generator can be started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, or a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). The PGD95BiSCO can also be remotely started, offering further convenience (key fob included).
The PGD95BiSCO, with a fuel capacity of 6.9 gallons, reaches a run time of around 9.5 hours at 50% load utilizing gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.73 GPH). Alternatively, it can reach a run time of around 4.5 hours (estimation based on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 1.04 GPH) with propane.
As the PGD95BiSCO produces a clean sine wave, with a <5% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (1 x USB-A and 1 x USB-C) with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
As it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the PGD95BiSCO is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L31.4 x W22.8 x H29.4 in), the Pulsar PGD95BiSCO, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 244 pounds. However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its set of 2 wheels and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
To help you monitor the PGD95BiSCO's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the lifetime run hours, frequency, voltage and power output.
In addition to this info, the light indicators show you if the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is overloaded.
The fuel level of the inverter generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
The unit also benefits from Pulsar's CO Sentry carbon monoxide detection. The sensor monitors for the accumulation of poisonous carbon monoxide gas around the generator, and shuts down the engine is increasing levels of CO gas are detected.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Pulsar PGD95BiSCO also comes with several accessories, including: key fob, propane hose, funnel and tool kit.
The Pulsar PGD95BiSCO is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Pulsar PGD95BiSCO versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Pulsar PGD95BiSCO compare to dual fuel generators of similar power (between 7500 and 8500 W).
- A weight of 244 lbs makes the Pulsar PGD95BiSCO one of the heaviest dual fuel devices in the 7500-8500 rated wattage range. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Cummins Onan P9500df with only 194 pounds.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 62 dBA, it can be considered as one of the most quiet of the products generating similar power.
- Autonomy-wise, with around 9.5 hours on a full tank at a 50% load, the PGD95BiSCO is on the low end when compared to other dual fuel generators of a similar power output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Firman H07552, with around 12 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.73 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Pulsar PG10000B16. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.55 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 7500-8500W generators, the Pulsar PGD95BiSCO is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Dual Fuel
- CO Sentry technology
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- USB-C port
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Quiet for its power (62 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- On the expensive side
- On the heavy side (244 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Yes, cable not included
|Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)
|458 cc OHV 4-stroke
|Recoil, Electric, Remote
|AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 5V
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|4.5 h *
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|2x 5V USB port (USB-A and USB-C)
|Power output, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency
|Low oil, overload and output ready
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|31.4 x 22.8 x 29.4 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring
|Bonded to frame
|Funnel, tool kit, key fob, propane hose, and battery
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
* Propane runtime is our own estimation, based on a 20 lbs tank and NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs of propane = 1 gal of gasoline.
Pulsar is a brand registered under the Pulsar Products inc., based in California, USA. The company offers a decent choice of air compressors, pressure washers and of course, generators – which range from 1,2 kW to 10 kW and include dual fuel and RV-Ready designs. Pulsar has several facilities scattered throughout the US, including two distribution centers – one in California and second in Illinois. However, the production of their products seems to be outsourced overseas, to the continent of Asia.
The Pulsar PGD95BiSCO is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Pulsar generators, please contact the Pulsar Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)
|Cell phone charger
|Air compressor (1 hp)
What weight oil is used in this generator, and how many quarts? (Asked May 25, 2023)
For general, all-temperature use, SAE 10W-30 is recommended. Engine oil capacity is 37 fl. oz.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.