Zoom on the Pulsar PG7750B
In summary, the Pulsar PG7750B is a portable generator especially useful for:
- Food van owners and people participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
With its dual-fuel technology, the powerful and versatile Pulsar PG7750B provides an output of 120/240V. While gasoline-powered, it gives a running wattage of 6250W along with a peak wattage of 7250W. While propane-powered, it provides 5950 rated watts and 6250 starting watts.
Pulsar’s patented Switch & Go technology allows you to switch from propane to gasoline or from gasoline to propane while the generator is running.
Enjoying a noise rating of 72 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a vacuum cleaner), this generator can be started thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also to a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
With a fuel capacity of 6.6 gallons, the PG7750B can operate for around 13 hours at 50% load using gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.51 GPH), or for around 13 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.36 GPH) using propane.
The control panel features the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A output allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
This Pulsar generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready. Besides, as the PG7750B holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
With its dimensions of L26.8 x W20.5 x H24.8 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Pulsar PG7750B offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
Since the generator weighs 195 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Never less, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of a wheel kit (⌀10") and a folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
The PG7750B's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicator will display if the oil level is too low.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Besides the usual set of documentation and user manual to get you promptly started, Pulsar also included a propane hose in the PG7750B's packaging.
The Pulsar PG7750B is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Pulsar PG7750B versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Pulsar PG7750B compare to generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 195 lbs, the Pulsar PG7750B belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 5500 to 6500 rated watts. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Lifan LF7250, with a dry weight of only 140 lbs.
- As this generator can emit noise as low as 72 dBA, it finds itself in the average expected noise for this kind of power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU7000iS with only 52 dBA.
- Thanks to an impressive running time of around 13 hours at 50% load, the PG7750B benefits from a higher run time than many generators of a similar output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Cat RP5500, reaching around 15 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.51 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, with a fuel consumption of 0.38 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 5500-6500W generators, the Pulsar PG7750B is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Electric start
- Dual Fuel
- Switch & Go technology
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (195 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (72 dBA)
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||420 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||6250 W||5950 W|
|Starting watts||7250 W||6250 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||52.1/26 amps||49.6/24.8 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||60.4/30.2 amps||52.1/26 amps|
|Run time @50% load||13 h||13 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A output|
|Fuel tank||6.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||26.8 x 20.5 x 24.8 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||72 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Propane hose|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Pulsar is a brand registered under the Pulsar Products inc., based in California, USA. The company offers a decent choice of air compressors, pressure washers and of course, generators – which range from 1,2 kW to 10 kW and include dual fuel and RV-Ready designs. Pulsar has several facilities scattered throughout the US, including two distribution centers – one in California and second in Illinois. However, the production of their products seems to be outsourced overseas, to the continent of Asia.
The Pulsar PG7750B is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Pulsar generators, please contact the Pulsar Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.