Zoom on the Pulsar PG7500B
In summary, the Pulsar PG7500B is a portable generator especially useful for:
- Food van owners and people participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the Pulsar PG7500B allows for an output of 120/240V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 6750W and a starting wattage of 7500W. If propane-powered, it gives 5400 rated watts and 6000 starting watts.
With a noise rating of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a vacuum cleaner), the generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
Regarding its running time, the PG7500B, with a 6.6 gallons fuel capacity can operate for around 13 hours at 50% load with a full tank of gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.51 GPH). Unfortunately, and despite our research efforts, we couldn't find any information regarding its runtime when using propane. Don't hesitate to let us know if you know it.
The control panel provides the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A output allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
Even if this Pulsar generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor, thanks to its L5-30R receptacle. Besides, as it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the PG7500B is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
The dimensions of the Pulsar PG7500B, which are L27 x W22.4 x H21.6 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 185 lbs. However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by a wheel kit and a folding handle, with which you can conveniently displace it, once it's on the ground.
The PG7500B's control center features a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours to aid you with the monitoring of its status and activity.
In addition to this info, a light indicator allows you to instantly see if its oil levels are insufficient.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
Apart from the typical documentation and a user manual, which lets you start it right away, the Pulsar PG7500B also is packed along with the following accessories: oil, tool kit and propane hose.
The Pulsar PG7500B is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Pulsar PG7500B versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Pulsar PG7500B compare to generators of similar power (between 6500 and 7500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Pulsar PG7500B only weighs in at 185 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 6500-7500 rated wattage range. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Lifan LF7250, with a dry weight of only 140 lbs.
- Since the generator's noise is rated at 74 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 59 dBA.
- As the PG7500B features an autonomy of around 13 hours at 50% load, it has a higher run time than an average generator of its power range. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Generac XC6500, with around 14 hours .
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.51 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, is one of the more fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, with a fuel consumption of 0.38 GPH could be in your good books.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Dual Fuel
- Lightweight for its kind (185 lbs)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||420 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||6750 W||5400 W|
|Starting watts||7500 W||6000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||56.3/28.1 amps||45/22.5 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||62.5/31.3 amps||50/25 amps|
|Run time @50% load||13 h||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||N/A||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A output|
|Fuel tank||6.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||27 x 22.4 x 21.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit and propane hose|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Pulsar is a brand registered under the Pulsar Products inc., based in California, USA. The company offers a decent choice of air compressors, pressure washers and of course, generators – which range from 1,2 kW to 10 kW and include dual fuel and RV-Ready designs. Pulsar has several facilities scattered throughout the US, including two distribution centers – one in California and second in Illinois. However, the production of their products seems to be outsourced overseas, to the continent of Asia.
The Pulsar PG7500B is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Pulsar generators, please contact the Pulsar Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.