This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
It was replaced by the Pulsar PG4500iSR. However, you might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Zoom on the Pulsar PG4000iSR
In summary, the Pulsar PG4000iSR is a portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
Power & Run Time
The Pulsar PG4000iSR's design includes a gasoline-fueled 224 cc (8 hp) Ducar OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 3500W and also a peak wattage of 4000W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (PGiPAIRB3 parallel kit (opens in a new tab) not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
At a noise rating of 63 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music), this inverter generator can be started via a conventional pull-start mechanism, or a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). Moreover, to offer you even more convenience, the PG4000iSR can also be remotely started (key fob included).
With a full tank, the PG4000iSR can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.28 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 3.4 gallons.
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the PG4000iSR generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 2 DC outlets: there's a 5V USB port with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient and a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
This Pulsar generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L30 x W20 x H21 in), the Pulsar PG4000iSR, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
With a dry weight of 92.6 lbs, the PG4000iSR can easily follow you wherever your power needs are. Moreover, its set of 2 wheels and its telecospic handle will allow you to effortlessly shift it once it's on the ground.
Some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is overloaded.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Pulsar PG4000iSR also comes with several accessories, including: funnel, tool kit, oil, key fob and battery charging cables.
The Pulsar PG4000iSR is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Pulsar PG4000iSR versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Pulsar PG4000iSR compare to generators of similar power (between 3000 and 4000 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Pulsar PG4000iSR only weighs in at 92.6 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 3000-4000 rated wattage range. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Genmax GM3300i, standing at just 47.4 lbs.
- Since the inverter generator's noise is rated at 63 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Cat INV4000E, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 51 dBA.
- As the PG4000iSR offers around 12 hours run time on a full tank at a 50% load, it falls within the average autonomy range among the generators of a similar power. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Predator 4375, reaching around 16 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.28 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this inverter generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Westinghouse iGen4200, with a fuel consumption of 0.17 GPH could be in your good books.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight for its kind (92.6 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (63 dBA)
- Decent run time
- No data center
- 1-year warranty
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||224 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3500 W|
|Starting watts||4000 W|
|Running amps||29.2 amps|
|Peak amps||33.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 5V USB port |
1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||3.4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||30 x 20 x 21 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||63 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, key fob, battery charging cables, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Pulsar is a brand registered under the Pulsar Products inc., based in California, USA. The company offers a decent choice of air compressors, pressure washers and of course, generators – which range from 1,2 kW to 10 kW and include dual fuel and RV-Ready designs. Pulsar has several facilities scattered throughout the US, including two distribution centers – one in California and second in Illinois. However, the production of their products seems to be outsourced overseas, to the continent of Asia.
The Pulsar PG4000iSR is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Pulsar generators, please contact the Pulsar Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||2787 W||3787 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Total||2790 W||3380 W|
|Total||2740 W||3840 W|
Where can I buy parts for my PG 4000 isr ? The invertor is bad and I only used it a few months, (Asked June 30, 2021)
Replacement parts can be ordered through Pulsar's support: 1-866-591-8921.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.