This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
If you were looking to purchase it, you may want to have a look at the Powermate PM2000, which has similar specs.
You can also try to find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Zoom on the Pulsar PG2000
In summary, the Pulsar PG2000 is a compact and lightweight portable generator especially useful for:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Amateur DIY lovers
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Pulsar PG2000's engine, 98 cc (3.5 hp) Ducar OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 1400W and reaches a peak wattage of 2000W.
At a noise rating of 66 dBA (less noisy than an office), the generator is started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the PG2000 can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.13 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.5 gallon.
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A output with which charging your batteries is made easy.
The Pulsar PG2000 has the following dimensions: L18.3 x W14.1 x H16.5 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
With a dry weight of 57 lbs, the PG2000 can easily follow you wherever your power needs are. Furthermore, the open frame of the generator further helps when holding and moving it to a different place.
The PG2000 and its control panel include a handy voltmeter that allows you to easily monitor power output anytime. This feature comes handy when monitoring its status and activity.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicator will display if the oil level is too low.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Pulsar PG2000, the following accessories are also included: oil and tool kit.
The Pulsar PG2000 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Pulsar PG2000 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Pulsar PG2000 compare to generators of similar power (between 1000 and 2000 W).
- As its weight is 57 pounds, the Pulsar PG2000 falls in the expected weight range of the devices in the 1000-2000 rated wattage category. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the ECHO EGi-1200, standing at just 30 lbs.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this generator and its lowest emitted noise of 66 dBA is on the noisier side. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU2200i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 48 dBA.
- As the PG2000 features an autonomy of around 12 hours at 50% load, it has a higher run time than an average generator of its power range. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, boasting with around 20 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.13 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Cat INV1250, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.1 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (57 lbs)
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
- On the noisy side (66 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||98 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1400 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W|
|Running amps||11.7 amps|
|Peak amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A output|
|Fuel tank||1.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||18.3 x 14.1 x 16.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||66 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Pulsar is a brand registered under the Pulsar Products inc., based in California, USA. The company offers a decent choice of air compressors, pressure washers and of course, generators – which range from 1,2 kW to 10 kW and include dual fuel and RV-Ready designs. Pulsar has several facilities scattered throughout the US, including two distribution centers – one in California and second in Illinois. However, the production of their products seems to be outsourced overseas, to the continent of Asia.
The Pulsar PG2000 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Pulsar generators, please contact the Pulsar Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||992 W||1992 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1110 W||1700 W|
|For work||Milk cooler||1100||1800|
|Total||1100 W||1800 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.