Zoom on the Predator 8750
In a nutshell, the Predator 8750 is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners and participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
Power & Run Time
The Predator 8750 houses a 420 cc (13 hp) OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120/240V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 7000W along with a peak wattage of 8750W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 76 dBA (less noisy than a shower). Its starting mechanisms include a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery not included).
With a full tank, the 8750 can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.55 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 6.6 gallons.
The control panel features the following 6 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
Even if this Predator generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor, thanks to its L5-30R receptacle. Besides, since the 8750 bears a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it is easily connectible to a breaker box and can power your home in case of a power outage.
The Predator 8750 has the following dimensions: L26.9 x W22 x H22.8 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 183 lbs.
The device’s light indicator will display if the oil level is too low.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Along with the aforementioned features, from an accessory standpoint, the Predator 8750's box includes the typical documentation and an owner's manual, which will help you start your generator promptly.
The Predator 8750 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Predator 8750 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Predator 8750 compare to generators of similar power (between 6500 and 7500 W).
- As for its weight, the Predator 8750 weighs only 183 pounds, making it one of the lighter generators in the 6500-7500 rated wattage category. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, weighing just 133 pounds.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this generator with a lowest noise of 76 dBA can be judged as noisy. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 59 dBA.
- With a run time of around 12 hours at 50% load, the 8750 has one of the higher run times, compared to its similarly powerful peers. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Generac XC6500, as it provides around 14 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.55 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.38 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
The bottom line
- Electric start
- Lightweight for its kind (183 lbs)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- No data center
- Battery not included
- No remote start
- On the noisy side (76 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||7000 W|
|Starting watts||8750 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||58.3/29.2 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||72.9/36.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Fuel tank||6.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||26.9 x 22 x 22.8 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Predator 8750 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Predator generators, please consult Predator's warranty policies stated in the user manual. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support : 1-800-444-3353.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.