Zoom on the Predator 8750
In summary, the Predator 8750 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners and participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Predator 8750 is powered by a 420 cc (13 hp) OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 7000W as well as a peak wattage of 8750W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 76 dBA (less noisy than a shower), this generator can be started thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also to a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery not included).
The 8750 can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.55 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 6.6 gallons.
The control panel includes the following 6 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
Even though this Predator generator isn't quite RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle allows an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, as the 8750 holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
With its dimensions of L26.9 x W22 x H22.8 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Predator 8750 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
As the generator's weight is 183 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable).
A light indicator serves to show you when its oil levels are insufficient.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Along with the aforementioned features, from an accessory standpoint, the Predator 8750's box includes the typical documentation and a user manual, which will help you start your generator promptly.
The Predator 8750 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Predator 8750 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Predator 8750 compare to generators of similar power (between 6500 and 7500 W).
- In terms of its dry weigh, the Predator 8750 stands at only 183 lbs, meaning that is one of the one of the lighter devices of the 6500-7500 rated wattage category If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Lifan LF7250, weighing just 140 pounds.
- As this generator has its lowest possible noise of 76 dBA, it should be considered noisier compared to its peers of a comparable running wattage. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 59 dBA.
- The 8750 provides a higher run time than similarly powerful devices, reaching 12 hours at 50% load. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Generac XC6500, which is able to run for 14 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.55 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.38 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
The bottom line
- Electric start
- Lightweight for its kind (183 lbs)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- No data center
- Battery not included
- No remote start
- On the noisy side (76 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||7000 W|
|Starting watts||8750 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||58.3/29.2 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||72.9/36.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Fuel tank||6.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||26.9 x 22 x 22.8 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Predator 8750 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Predator generators, please consult Predator's warranty policies stated in the user manual. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support : 1-800-444-3353.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.