Zoom on the Predator 8750
In summary, the Predator 8750 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Predator 8750's core is the 420 cc (13 hp) OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 7000W and a peak wattage of 8750W.
With a noise rating of 76 dBA (less noisy than a shower), the generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery not included).
The fuel capacity of 6.6 gallons allows the 8750 to operate for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.55 GPH).
The control panel provides the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
Even if this Predator generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor, thanks to its L5-30R receptacle. Besides, because the 8750 is equipped with a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it can power your home during a power outage, as it can be easily connected to your breaker box to power your household.
With its dimensions of L26.9 x W22 x H22.8 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Predator 8750 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 183 pounds. Thus, you may also want to consider purchasing a wheel kit for this generator, similar to this one (opens in a new tab).
A light indicator serves to show you when the oil level is too low.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Along with the aforementioned features, from an accessory standpoint, the Predator 8750's box includes the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which will help you start your generator promptly.
The Predator 8750 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Predator 8750 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Predator 8750 compare to generators of similar power (between 6500 and 7500 W).
- Weight-wise, the Predator 8750 has only 183 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 6500 to 7500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, with a dry weight of just 133 pounds.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this generator with a lowest noise of 76 dBA can be judged as noisy. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Powerhorse 7500i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 55 dBA.
- Thanks to an impressive running time of around 12 hours at 50% load, the 8750 benefits from a higher run time than many generators of a similar output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Generac XC6500, as it provides around 14 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.55 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.38 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
The bottom line
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Lightweight for its kind (183 lbs)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- No data center
- Battery not included
- No remote start
- Weak warranty
- On the noisy side (76 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||7000 W|
|Starting watts||8750 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||58.3/29.2 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||72.9/36.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Fuel tank||6.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||26.9 x 22 x 22.8 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Other model numbers||63087,|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Predator portable generators are solely distributed by the Harbor Freight Corporation, which has an impressive list of over 200 trademarked products. The Predator brand is one of their newer lines of outdoor power products. As with many other makes and models of power equipment sold by Harbor Freight, Predator generators are manufactured in China.
The Predator 8750 is covered under a warranty for up to 90 days. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Predator generators, please consult Predator's warranty policies stated in the user manual (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support : 1-800-444-3353.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||5587 W||7062 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||5580 W||6000 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||4210 W||8710 W|
Will it handle a 8000 BTU A/C / 21 CU Refrigerator / 2 - 60 watt lamps / 50 in LED TV...? (Asked April 02, 2020)
It should handle all these without any problems. However, we'd recommend giving a call to Harbor Freight to ensure that the power is clean enough to power sensitive electronics.
Where to buy a conversion kit to natural gas? (Asked June 21, 2020)
There are no official conversion kits. We do not recommend third party solutions as they could void your warranty and put you in violation of federal emission laws.
How much oil and what weight oil (Asked August 04, 2020)
Oil should be SAE 10W-30 above 32°F, SAE 5W-30 at 32°F or below. Engine oil capacity is 1.16 qt.
How do I purchase a carburetor for predator 8750 (Asked August 29, 2020)
Replacement parts can be ordered from Harbor Freight: 1-800-444-3353
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.