Zoom on the Predator 4375
In summary, the Predator 4375 is a compact portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Predator 4375 is powered by a 212 cc (6.5 hp) OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 3500W as well as a peak wattage of 4375W.
At a noise rating of 72 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a dishwasher), the generator is started via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the 4375 can operate for around 16 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.25 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 4 gallons.
The control panel provides the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
As it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the 4375 is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
The Predator 4375 has the following dimensions: L23.3 x W18.7 x H19.3 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
As the generator's weight is 103.5 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Still, once it is on the ground, a wheel kit (separate purchase) can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
A light indicator serves to show you when the oil level is too low.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Regarding its accessories, besides the aforementioned features, the Predator 4375's box includes the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start it right off the bat.
The Predator 4375 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Predator 4375 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Predator 4375 compare to generators of similar power (between 3000 and 4000 W).
- Having a dry weight of 103.5 lbs, the Predator 4375 belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 3000 to 4000 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the WEN GN400i, with a dry weight of just 66.1 pounds.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this generator and its lowest emitted noise of 72 dBA is on the noisier side. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Cat INV4000E, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 51 dBA.
- With a run time of around 16 hours at 50% load, the 4375 has one of the highest run times, compared to its similarly powerful peers.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.25 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Westinghouse iGen4200, with a fuel consumption of 0.17 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3000-4000W generators, the Predator 4375 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- GFCI Outlets
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (103.5 lbs)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Wheel kit not included
- Weak warranty
- On the noisy side (72 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||212 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3500 W|
|Starting watts||4375 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||29.2/14.6 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||36.5/18.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||16 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Fuel tank||4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||23.3 x 18.7 x 19.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||72 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Predator portable generators are solely distributed by the Harbor Freight Corporation, which has an impressive list of over 200 trademarked products. The Predator brand is one of their newer lines of outdoor power products. As with many other makes and models of power equipment sold by Harbor Freight, Predator generators are manufactured in China.
The Predator 4375 is covered under a warranty for up to 90 days. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Predator generators, please consult Predator's warranty policies stated in the user manual (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support : 1-800-444-3353.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2767 W||4242 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2760 W||3350 W|
|Total||2740 W||3840 W|
Is there a drain plug for gas on the generator for long term storage? (Asked April 29, 2020)
It doesn't seem that there are any. I'd suggest to contact Harbor Freight to make sure.
Does this generator have an inverter? (Asked June 10, 2020)
This unit is not an inverter generator.
how do i change the oil (Asked August 21, 2020)
Oil change procedure is detailed page 17 of the owner's manual (opens in a new tab).
What spark should I use and what is the gap setting (Asked August 23, 2020)
Spark plug type is NHSP/Torch F6TC. Gap setting is 0.027" – 0.031".
What kind of oil (Asked August 28, 2020)
Recommended engine oil is SAE 10W – 30 above 32° F, and SAE 5W – 30 at 32° F or below
What grade of gas? (Asked September 08, 2020)
Recommended gas is 87 octane or higher unleaded gasoline that has been treated with a fuel stabilizer additive.
Do you have to ground this generator predator 4375 (Asked September 08, 2020)
It is always safer to ground your generator.
Can I connect my RV 30 amp cord into the 120/240V 30A (L14-30R) receptacle? The panel says 15A max??? (Asked October 10, 2020)
You absolutely can. You just won't pull more than 15A amps out of it.
Can the 4375 be connected directly to the my homes' main panel box? (Asked October 17, 2020)
It can be connected to a transfer switch. Note that this connection should be made by a licensed electrician.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.