Zoom on the Predator 4375
In summary, the Predator 4375 is a compact portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Predator 4375's core is the 212 cc (6.5 hp) OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 3500W and a peak wattage of 4375W.
At a noise rating of 72 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a dishwasher), the generator offers the possibility to start the device via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The 4375 can operate for around 16 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.25 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 4 gallons.
The control panel features the following 5 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
As it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the 4375 is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
The dimensions of the Predator 4375, which are L23.3 x W18.7 x H19.3 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 103.5 pounds. However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by a wheel kit (separate purchase), with which you can conveniently displace it, once it's on the ground.
The device’s light indicator will display if the oil level is too low.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
As for its accessories, apart from the previously mentioned features, the Predator 4375 also comes with the basic documentation and an owner's manual, allowing you to start it right away.
The Predator 4375 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Predator 4375 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Predator 4375 compare to generators of similar power (between 3000 and 4000 W).
- Having a dry weight of 103.5 lbs, the Predator 4375 belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 3000 to 4000 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the WEN GN400i with only 66.1 pounds.
- If compared to generators capable of producing a similar running wattage, this generator with a lowest emitted noise of 72 dBA can be considered somewhat noisy. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Westinghouse iGen4500, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 52 dBA.
- Thanks to an impressive running time of around 16 hours at 50% load, the 4375 benefits from one of the highest run time of generators of a similar output.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.25 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse iGen4200, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.17 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3000-4000W generators, the Predator 4375 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (103.5 lbs)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Wheel kit not included
- On the noisy side (72 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||212 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3500 W|
|Starting watts||4375 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||29.2/14.6 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||36.5/18.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||16 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Fuel tank||4 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||23.3 x 18.7 x 19.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||72 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Predator 4375 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Predator generators, please consult Predator's warranty policies stated in the user manual. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support : 1-800-444-3353.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.