Zoom on the Predator 2000
In summary, the Predator 2000 is a compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Predator 2000's engine, 79.7 cc OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 1600W and reaches a peak wattage of 2000W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (Predator Parallel Kit not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
At a noise rating of 65 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music), the inverter generator offers the possibility to start the device via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The 2000 can operate for up to 12 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.08 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1 gallon.
As the 2000 produces a clean sine wave, with a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
The Predator 2000 is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L22.6 x W12.6 x H18.5 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
Labeled a lightweight portable generator, the 2000 weighs just 47 lbs. The generator can be moved with ease by only one person and so it can be enjoyed on-the-go. This convenience is further enhanced thanks to a handle (molded in the case) that allows you to carry it with ease.
Some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is on overload, the generator is ready and its oil levels are insufficient.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Along with the aforementioned features, from an accessory standpoint, the Predator 2000's box includes the typical documentation and a user manual, which will help you start your generator promptly.
The Predator 2000 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Predator 2000 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Predator 2000 compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As for its weight, the Predator 2000 weighs only 47 pounds, making it one of the lighter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage category. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the WEN 56202i, standing at just 38.6 lbs.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this inverter generator with a lowest noise of 65 dBA can be judged as noisy. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- As the 2000 offers 12 hours run time on a full tank at a 25% load, it falls within the average autonomy range among the generators of a similar power. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, boasting with 26 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. At an estimated fuel consumption 0.08 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Predator 2000 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (47 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- No data center
- No electric start
- On the noisy side (65 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||79.7 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1600 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||12 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Indicators||Low oil, output ready and overload|
|Fuel tank||1 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||22.6 x 12.6 x 18.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||65 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Predator 2000 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Predator generators, please consult Predator's warranty policies stated in the user manual. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support : 1-800-444-3353.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.