-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 13
Zoom on the Powermate PM3000i
In summary, the Powermate PM3000i is a compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
In the following paragraphs, we shall explore the power characteristics, available outlets, portability, and any additional features of the device, along with its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Powermate PM3000i's engine, 149 cc OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 2,300W and reaches a peak wattage of 3,000W.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism. It features Powermate's PowerDial™, an easy-to-use dial with three operation settings.
The PM3000i can operate for up to 5.8 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.18 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1.06 gallon.
The PM3000i produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
This Powermate generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready.
The Powermate PM3000i is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L22.2 x W13.3 x H18.4 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
As the PM3000i's weight is only 59.5 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Moreover, shifting it is an easy task, as the PM3000i features a nifty handle (molded in the case), improving your grip greatly.
Some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the oil level is too low, the generator is ready and the generator is overloaded.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual to get you promptly started, the Powermate PM3000i also comes with some accessories: oil, tool kit and funnel are included.
The Powermate PM3000i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Powermate PM3000i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Powermate PM3000i compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- With its weight of 59.5 lbs, the Powermate PM3000i is one of the heavier inverter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage category. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Genmax GM2000i, standing at just 34.2 lbs.
- The PM3000i's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its type and power range, as it reaches only up to 5.8 hours at 25% load on a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the DuroMax XP2300iH, as it provides up to 13 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.18 GPH at a 25% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the DuroMax XP2300iH. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.08 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W inverter generators, the Powermate PM3000i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- No data center
- No electric start
- No parallel ports
- On the heavy side (59.5 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||149 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||2,300 W|
|Starting watts||3,000 W|
|Running amps||19.2 amps|
|Peak amps||25 amps|
|Run time @50% load||4.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||5.8 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.06 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.2 x 13.3 x 18.4 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||Unknown|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, and tool kit|
|Other model numbers||PM0080600|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Powermate’s history is somewhat enigmatic, but they claim to have been on the market for over 40 years, selling portable generators and various outdoor power equipment. In 2009, they have signed under what they call “partnership” (more accurately ownership) with the Italian PRAMAC. In 2014, Generac acquired Powermate from PRAMAC.
The Powermate PM3000i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Powermate generators, please consult Powermate's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-445-1805.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||1837 W||2837 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||1835 W||2425 W|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||1730 W||2830 W|
What is the noise rating of the PM3000i?
Due to the lack of standardization in noise emission measurement, Powermate (Generac) does not provide their units' noise levels.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.