Zoom on the Powermate CX6500E
In summary, the Powermate CX6500E is a portable generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners and participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
Power & Run Time
The Powermate CX6500E's core is the 420 cc Powermate OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 6500W and a peak wattage of 8125W.
This generator can be started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, or a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
The fuel capacity of 7 gallons allows the CX6500E to operate for around 9.8 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.71 GPH).
The control panel features the following 5 AC outlets:
The dimensions of the Powermate CX6500E, which are L31.5 x W27.6 x H24.5 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
As the generator's weight is 202 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Never less, thanks to a wheel kit (⌀12") and a folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
The CX6500E's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the classic documentation and a user manual to get you promptly started, the Powermate CX6500E also comes with some accessories: tool kit, funnel and oil are included.
The Powermate CX6500E is neither EPA approved nor CARB-compliant..
However, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Powermate CX6500E versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Powermate CX6500E compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- At a weight of 202 pounds, the Powermate CX6500E places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 6000-7000 rated wattage range. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Lifan LF7250 with only 140 pounds.
- The autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only 9.8 hours at 50% load on a full tank. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Pulsar PG7500B, reaching 13 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This generator is somewhat less fuel efficient than devices of comparable output: its estimated fuel consumption reaches 0.71 GPH at a 50% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.38 GPH, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 6000-7000W generators, the Powermate CX6500E is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Decent weight (202 lbs)
- No remote start
- No EPA or CARB compliance
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Where to buy the Powermate CX6500E?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc Powermate OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||6500 W|
|Starting watts||8125 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||54.2/27.1 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||67.7/33.9 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9.8 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|Fuel tank||7 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||31.5 x 27.6 x 24.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||N/A|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Powermate’s history is somewhat enigmatic, but they claim to have been on the market for over 40 years, selling portable generators and various outdoor power equipment. What we know for sure is that in 2009, they have signed under what they call “partnership” (more accurately ownership) with the Italian PRAMAC. Since then, they have improved their technology, using engines made by Honda, Mitsubishi or Subaru to bring their users a selection of mostly mid-powered conventional portable generators.
The Powermate CX6500E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Powermate generators, please consult Powermate's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-977-2622.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.