Zoom on the Powermate DF7500E
In a nutshell, the Powermate DF7500E is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners and people participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
Power & Run Time
With its dual-fuel technology, the powerful and versatile Powermate DF7500E provides an output of 120/240V. While gasoline-powered, it gives a running wattage of 7500W along with a peak wattage of 9375W. While propane-powered, it provides 6750 rated watts and 8500 starting watts.
The generator is rated for a noise of 68 dBA (less noisy than an office). Its starting mechanisms include a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
The DF7500E, with a fuel capacity of 7 gallons, reaches a run time of around 10 hours at 50% load utilizing gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.7 GPH). Alternatively, it can reach a run time of around 5.3 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.89 GPH) with propane.
The control panel features the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
This Powermate generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, as the DF7500E holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
With its dimensions of L31.1 x W27.5 x H24.8 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Powermate DF7500E offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 189.1 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Still, once it is on the ground, a wheel kit and a folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
The DF7500E's control center features a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours to aid you with the monitoring of its status and activity.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the classic documentation and a user manual to get you promptly started, the Powermate DF7500E also comes with some accessories: propane hose, oil, funnel and tool kit are included.
The Powermate DF7500E is neither EPA approved nor CARB-compliant..
However, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Powermate DF7500E versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Powermate DF7500E compare to generators of similar power (between 7000 and 8000 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Powermate DF7500E only weighs in at 189.1 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 7000-8000 rated wattage range. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Lifan LF8750iEPL, with a dry weight of only 185 lbs.
- At a lowest noise rating of 68 dBA, this generator is one of the quieter devices of similar power.
- Offering 10 hours of running time on a full tank at 50% load, the DF7500E is within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Firman H08053, boasting with 12 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.7 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, is one of the more fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse WGen7500. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.6 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 7000-8000W generators, the Powermate DF7500E is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Dual Fuel
- Lightweight for its kind (189.1 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (68 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- No remote start
- No EPA or CARB compliance
Where to buy the Powermate DF7500E?
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||420 cc Powermate OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||7500 W||6750 W|
|Starting watts||9375 W||8500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||62.5/31.3 amps||56.3/28.1 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||78.1/39.1 amps||70.8/35.4 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10 h||5.3 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|Fuel tank||7 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||31.1 x 27.5 x 24.8 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||68 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit and propane hose|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Powermate’s history is somewhat enigmatic, but they claim to have been on the market for over 40 years, selling portable generators and various outdoor power equipment. What we know for sure is that in 2009, they have signed under what they call “partnership” (more accurately ownership) with the Italian PRAMAC. Since then, they have improved their technology, using engines made by Honda, Mitsubishi or Subaru to bring their users a selection of mostly mid-powered conventional portable generators.
The Powermate DF7500E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Powermate generators, please consult Powermate's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-977-2622.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.