ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 32
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
It was replaced by the Powerhorse LC4500i. However, you might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Zoom on the Powerhorse LC3500i
In a nutshell, the Powerhorse LC3500i is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Powerhorse LC3500i is powered by a 212 cc (6.1 hp) Loncin OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 3,000W as well as a peak wattage of 3,500W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (parallel kit (opens in a new tab) not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 57 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator). Its starting mechanisms include a conventional pull-start mechanism and a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
The fuel capacity of 2.6 gallons allows the LC3500i to operate for up to 11 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.24 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the LC3500i produces a clean sine wave, with a <2% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 10A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
While this Powerhorse generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
As the Powerhorse LC3500i is an inverter generator, its encased design (L22.8 x W17.3 x H20.1 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
With a dry weight of 99.2 lbs, the LC3500i can easily follow you wherever your power needs are. Additionally, it can be easily moved with the help of its set of 4 wheels and its double handle, once it is on the ground.
The control panel of the LC3500i includes a digital data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the voltage, lifetime run hours and power output.
In addition to this info, when the oil level is too low, the generator is ready and the generator is overloaded, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Powerhorse LC3500i's package also includes these accessories: battery charging cables, tool kit and funnel.
The Powerhorse LC3500i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Powerhorse LC3500i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Powerhorse LC3500i compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 99.2 lbs, the Powerhorse LC3500i belongs in the expected weight range for inverters which can produce between 2500 and 3500 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO with only 46 pounds.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 57 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU3000iS. With just 50 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- As for its autonomy, the LC3500i, with an autonomy of up to 11 hours at a 25% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Champion 200954, reaching up to 22 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator is somewhat less fuel efficient than devices of comparable output: its estimated fuel consumption reaches 0.24 GPH at a 25% load. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Energizer eZV3500P, with a fuel consumption of 0.13 GPH could be in your good books.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Parallel capable
- Quiet for its power (57 dBA)
- Decent weight (99.2 lbs)
- No remote start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||212 cc Loncin OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3,000 W|
|Starting watts||3,500 W|
|Running amps||25 amps|
|Peak amps||29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||11 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 10A receptacle|
|Data center||Power output, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||2.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.8 x 17.3 x 20.1 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||57 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, battery charging cables, and battery|
|Country of origin||China|
|Other model numbers||792220|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Powerhorse is a trademarked brand name of gas-powered outdoor products owned and distributed by the Northern Tool & Equipment Company Inc. through their store locations and online. Powerhorse outdoor products include gas- and electric-powered tools including pressure washers, wood chippers/shredders, log splitters, electric generators and inverters. The product line also offers engines and water pumps. The brand's motto is "Power You Can Depend On". Powerhorse generators are engineered, developed and tested in Minnesota, but manufactured in China or Vietnam.
The Powerhorse LC3500i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Powerhorse generators, please contact the Powerhorse Customer Support: 1-866-443-2576.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1982 W||3482 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2390 W||2980 W|
|Total||2380 W||3480 W|
The unit LC3500i did not electric start when I purchased it. I had to rope start the unit. Does the unit charge it? (Asked August 22, 2020)
The unit will charge its own battery while running.
It is a tremendous machine, super silent and turns on quickly, I recommend it.
We have had this generator for 5 years without issue. We use it like crazy at our hunting camp. We change the oil at least twice a year. Runs great. Make sure sure the eco button is off when trying to start.
I would not buy again. I have had in twice for service to correct issue about “cold starting” but still not corrected. The issue is “it will not start when cold”, say below 35 degrees F.