Zoom on the Powerhorse LC2000i
In a nutshell, the Powerhorse LC2000i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Powerhorse LC2000i's core is the 79 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 1600W and a peak wattage of 2000W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
With a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a quiet suburb), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the LC2000i can operate for up to 8.5 hours (fuel consumption around 0.13 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the LC2000i produces a clean sine wave, with a <1.5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
Even though this Powerhorse generator isn't quite RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle allows an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
Since the Powerhorse LC2000i is an inverter generator, its closed design (L19.6 x W11.2 x H17.1 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
Labeled a lightweight portable generator, the LC2000i weighs just 46.3 lbs. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. It can also be carried without effort with a featured handle (molded in the case), further improving its convenience.
When the oil level is too low, the generator is on overload and the generator is ready, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Powerhorse LC2000i also comes with some accessories: funnel and tool kit are included.
The Powerhorse LC2000i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Powerhorse LC2000i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Powerhorse LC2000i compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Weight-wise, the Powerhorse LC2000i has only 46.3 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 1500 to 2500 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Champion 200949 with only 38.6 pounds.
- At a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- The LC2000i’s autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only up to 8.5 hours at 25% load on a full tank. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen2000, with up to 26 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.13 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.08 GPH, the Predator 2000 is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Powerhorse LC2000i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Parallel kit included
- Lightweight (46.3 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||79 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||1600 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||8.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||19.6 x 11.2 x 17.1 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, and parallel cables|
|Other model numbers||42411|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Powerhorse is a trademarked brand name of gas-powered outdoor products owned and distributed by the Northern Tool & Equipment Company Inc. through their store locations and online. Powerhorse outdoor products include gas- and electric-powered tools including pressure washers, wood chippers/shredders, log splitters, electric generators and inverters. The product line also offers engines and water pumps. The brand's motto is "Power You Can Depend On".
The Powerhorse LC2000i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Powerhorse generators, please contact the Powerhorse Customer Support: 1-866-443-2576.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||992 W||1992 W|
|For camping||RV refrigerator||180||600|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1270 W||1860 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1260 W||1260 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.