This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
It was replaced by the Powerhorse 2300i. However, you might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Zoom on the Powerhorse LC2000i
In summary, the Powerhorse LC2000i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
Power & Run Time
The Powerhorse LC2000i's core is the 79 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 1,600W and a peak wattage of 2,000W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
The inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a quiet suburb).
With a full tank, the LC2000i can operate for up to 8.5 hours (fuel consumption around 0.13 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the LC2000i produces a clean sine wave, with a <1.5% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
While this Powerhorse generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L19.6 x W11.2 x H17.1 in), the Powerhorse LC2000i, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
Weighing just 46.3 lbs, the LC2000i can be considered a lightweight portable generator. As it can be moved by a single person without much effort, the generator and its power can be enjoyed on-the-go. Further convenience is provided by its handle (molded in the case), as it allows you to carry it effortlessly.
When the generator is on overload, the generator is ready and its oil levels are insufficient, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Powerhorse LC2000i, the following accessories are also included: funnel and tool kit.
The Powerhorse LC2000i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Powerhorse LC2000i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Powerhorse LC2000i compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 46.3 lbs, the Powerhorse LC2000i belongs in the expected weight range for inverter generators which produce 1500 to 2500 rated watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Genmax GM2000i, weighing just 34.2 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 52 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- The LC2000i's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its type and power range, as it reaches only up to 8.5 hours at 25% load on a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Yamaha EF2800i, as it provides up to 14.7 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. Compared to its peers, this inverter generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.13 GPH at a 25% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the DuroMax XP2300iH, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.08 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Parallel kit included
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Decent weight (46.3 lbs)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||79 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||1,600 W|
|Starting watts||2,000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peak amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||8.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||19.6 x 11.2 x 17.1 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, and parallel cables|
|Country of origin||China|
|Other model numbers||42411|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Powerhorse is a trademarked brand name of gas-powered outdoor products owned and distributed by the Northern Tool & Equipment Company Inc. through their store locations and online. Powerhorse outdoor products include gas- and electric-powered tools including pressure washers, wood chippers/shredders, log splitters, electric generators and inverters. The product line also offers engines and water pumps. The brand's motto is "Power You Can Depend On". Powerhorse generators are engineered, developed and tested in Minnesota, but manufactured in China or Vietnam.
The Powerhorse LC2000i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Powerhorse generators, please contact the Powerhorse Customer Support: 1-866-443-2576.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||992 W||1992 W|
|For camping||RV refrigerator||180||600|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1270 W||1860 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1260 W||1260 W|