Zoom on the Powerhorse 11000ES
In summary, the Powerhorse 11000ES is a powerful portable generator especially useful for:
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Powerhorse 11000ES's core is the 457 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 8400W and a peak wattage of 11000W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 78 dBA (less noisy than a shower), this generator can be started thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also to a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery not included).
The 11000ES can operate for around 8.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.78 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 6.6 gallons.
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the 11000ES generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 10 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
Even though this Powerhorse generator isn't quite RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle allows an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
The dimensions of the Powerhorse 11000ES, which are L29.3 x W26.6 x H26.4 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 209 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its wheel kit and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
The 11000ES's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features a convenient voltmeter, which provides an easy way to monitor power output anytime.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicator will display if its oil levels are insufficient.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the usual set of documentation and owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, Powerhorse also included a tool kit in the 11000ES's packaging.
The Powerhorse 11000ES is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Powerhorse 11000ES versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Powerhorse 11000ES compare to generators of similar power (between 7500 and 8500 W).
- At a weight of 209 pounds, the Powerhorse 11000ES places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 7500-8500 rated wattage range. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Lifan LF8750iEPL, weighing just 185 pounds.
- This generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 78 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devise of a similar running wattage. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Powermate DF7500E, whose lowest noise levels reach just 68 dBA.
- The 11000ES’s autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only around 8.5 hours at 50% load on a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Firman H08053, as it provides around 12 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.78 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Pulsar PG10000B16. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.55 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 7500-8500W generators, the Powerhorse 11000ES is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Electric start
- Clean sine wave
- Decent weight (209 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- Battery not included
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- On the noisy side (78 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||457 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||8400 W|
|Starting watts||11000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||70/35 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||91.7/45.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 6.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||29.3 x 26.6 x 26.4 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||78 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Tool kit and wheel kit|
|Other model numbers||750144|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Powerhorse is a trademarked brand name of gas-powered outdoor products owned and distributed by the Northern Tool & Equipment Company Inc. through their store locations and online. Powerhorse outdoor products include gas- and electric-powered tools including pressure washers, wood chippers/shredders, log splitters, electric generators and inverters. The product line also offers engines and water pumps. The brand's motto is "Power You Can Depend On".
The Powerhorse 11000ES is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Powerhorse generators, please contact the Powerhorse Customer Support: 1-866-443-2576.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||6712 W||8187 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Total||6700 W||7120 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||6390 W||10890 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.