Zoom on the Powerhorse 11000ES
In summary, the Powerhorse 11000ES is a powerful portable generator especially useful for:
Power & Run Time
The Powerhorse 11000ES houses a 457 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120/240V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 8400W along with a peak wattage of 11000W.
The generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism and also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery not included). It is rated for a noise of 78 dBA (less noisy than a shower).
With a fuel capacity of 6.6 gallons, the 11000ES may run for around 8.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.78 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the 11000ES generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel provides the upcoming 10 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
While this Powerhorse generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
The design of the Powerhorse 11000ES is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L29.3 x W26.6 x H26.4 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 209 lbs. However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its wheel kit and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
To help you monitor the 11000ES's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a convenient voltmeter, which provides an easy way to monitor power output anytime.
In addition to this info, when the oil level is too low, you will be informed by the featured light indicator.
The generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the usual set of documentation and owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, Powerhorse also included a tool kit in the 11000ES's packaging.
The Powerhorse 11000ES is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Powerhorse 11000ES versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Powerhorse 11000ES compare to generators of similar power (between 7500 and 8500 W).
- At a weight of 209 pounds, the Powerhorse 11000ES places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 7500-8500 rated wattage range. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the Lifan LF8750iEPL, with a dry weight of just 185 pounds.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this generator and its lowest emitted noise of 78 dBA is on the noisier side. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Powermate DF7500E, whose lowest noise levels reach just 68 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the 11000ES, reaching around 8.5 hours at a 50% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Firman H08053, with around 12 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. As this generator uses an estimated 0.78 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Pulsar PG10000B16. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.55 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 7500-8500W generators, the Powerhorse 11000ES is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Electric start
- Clean sine wave
- Decent weight (209 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- Battery not included
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- On the noisy side (78 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||457 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||8400 W|
|Starting watts||11000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||70/35 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||91.7/45.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 6.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||29.3 x 26.6 x 26.4 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||78 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Powerhorse is a trademarked brand name of gas-powered outdoor products owned and distributed by the Northern Tool & Equipment Company Inc. through their store locations and online. Powerhorse outdoor products include gas- and electric-powered tools including pressure washers, wood chippers/shredders, log splitters, electric generators and inverters. The product line also offers engines and water pumps. The brand's motto is "Power You Can Depend On".
The Powerhorse 11000ES is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Powerhorse generators, please contact the Powerhorse Customer Support: 1-866-443-2576.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||6712 W||8212 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||6710 W||7300 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||6390 W||10890 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.