Zoom on the Lifan LF8750iEPL-RV
In summary, the Lifan LF8750iEPL-RV is a portable generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan LF8750iEPL-RV houses a 420 cc (15 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120/240V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 8000W along with a peak wattage of 8750W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 75 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a shower). Its starting mechanisms include a conventional pull-start mechanism and a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery not included).
With a fuel capacity of 7.5 gallons, the LF8750iEPL-RV may run for around 10 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.75 GPH).
The LF8750iEPL-RV produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <5% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel provides the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 3 DC outlets: there's two 12V 8A receptacles allowing you to easily charge your batteries and a 5V USB port with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this Lifan unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet.
With its dimensions of L28.7 x W22.3 x H23.3 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Lifan LF8750iEPL-RV offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 185 pounds. Nevertheless, thanks to its wheel kit (⌀10") and its folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
In addition, the device is equipped with a lift hook on the top of its frame, which provides extra safety during the loading, unloading and transport of the generator.
The LF8750iEPL-RV's control center features a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours to aid you with the monitoring of its status and activity.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the usual set of documentation and owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, Lifan also included a tool kit in the LF8750iEPL-RV's packaging.
The Lifan LF8750iEPL-RV is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Lifan LF8750iEPL-RV versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan LF8750iEPL-RV compare to generators of similar power (between 7500 and 8500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Lifan LF8750iEPL-RV weighs just 185 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 7500 to 8500 rated wattage generators. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Dewalt DXGNR8000, with a dry weight of just 183 pounds.
- This generator has a somewhat average expected noise for its power range, rated at 75 dBA. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Genmax GM9000iED. With just 62 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- As the LF8750iEPL-RV offers around 10 hours run time on a full tank at a 50% load, it falls within the average autonomy range among the generators of a similar power. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Champion 100416, which is able to run for around 12.5 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. As this generator uses an estimated 0.75 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Pulsar PG10000B16, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.55 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
The bottom line
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Clean sine wave
- Lightweight for its kind (185 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (75 dBA)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- Battery not included
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||8,000 W|
|Starting watts||8,750 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||66.7/33.3 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||72.9/36.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x 120/240V 50A (14-50R)|
|DC outlets||2x 12V 8A receptacle |
1x 5V USB port
|Fuel tank||Steel, 7.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||28.7 x 22.3 x 23.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||75 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Tool kit and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan LF8750iEPL-RV is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||6387 W||7862 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||6395 W||6985 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||4210 W||8710 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.