Zoom on the Lifan LF8750iEPL-RV
In a nutshell, the Lifan LF8750iEPL-RV is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners who want to ensure that their business is fully self-contained and does not rely on potentially unreliable external power
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
Power & Run Time
The Lifan LF8750iEPL-RV is powered by a 420 cc (15 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 8000W as well as a peak wattage of 8750W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 75 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a vacuum cleaner). Its starting mechanisms include a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and a simple and elegant electric starter (battery not included).
The fuel capacity of 7.5 gallons allows the LF8750iEPL-RV to operate for around 10 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.75 GPH).
As the LF8750iEPL-RV produces a clean sine wave, with a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 3 DC outlets: there's two 12V 8A receptacles allowing you to easily charge your batteries and a 5V USB port with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this Lifan unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet.
The dimensions of the Lifan LF8750iEPL-RV, which are L28.7 x W22.3 x H23.3 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 185 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its wheel kit (⌀10") and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
A lift hook, which is on the top of the frame, serves as an extra safety feature for the transport, unloading and loading of the device.
To help you monitor the LF8750iEPL-RV's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Besides the usual set of documentation and owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, Lifan also included a tool kit in the LF8750iEPL-RV's packaging.
The Lifan LF8750iEPL-RV is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Lifan LF8750iEPL-RV versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan LF8750iEPL-RV compare to generators of similar power (between 7500 and 8500 W).
- As for its weight, the Lifan LF8750iEPL-RV weighs only 185 pounds, making it one of the lightest generators in the 7500-8500 rated wattage category.
- This generator has a somewhat average expected noise for its power range, rated at 75 dBA. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Powermate DF7500E. With just 68 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Given that the LF8750iEPL-RV reaches an autonomy of around 10 hours with a full tank and at 50% load, it is placed within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Firman H08053, which is able to run for around 12 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. Standing at an estimated 0.75 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, this generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Pulsar PG10000B16, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.55 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 7500-8500W generators, the Lifan LF8750iEPL-RV is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Clean sine wave
- Lightweight for its kind (185 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (75 dBA)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- Battery not included
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||8000 W|
|Starting watts||8750 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||66.7/33.3 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||72.9/36.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||2x 12V 8A receptacle |
1x 5V USB port
|Fuel tank||Steel, 7.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||28.7 x 22.3 x 23.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||75 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Tool kit and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan LF8750iEPL-RV is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||6387 W||7862 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||6395 W||6985 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||4210 W||8710 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.