Zoom on the Lifan LF7250
In summary, the Lifan LF7250 is a compact portable generator especially useful for:
- Food van owners and people participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan LF7250's core is the 389 cc (13 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 6500W and a peak wattage of 7250W.
With a noise rating of 75 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a vacuum cleaner), the generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 7.5 gallons, the LF7250 can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.63 GPH).
The control panel features the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 2 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy and a 5V USB port with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
Even if this Lifan generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor, thanks to its L5-30R receptacle. Besides, as the LF7250 holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
The Lifan LF7250 has the following dimensions: L25.5 x W19.3 x H19.3 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 140 pounds. Still, once it is on the ground, a wheel kit and a folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
The generator comes with an additional safety feature, a lift hook on the top of its frame, which is helpful during its transport, loading and unloading.
The LF7250's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the usual set of documentation and user manual to get you promptly started, Lifan also included a tool kit in the LF7250's packaging.
The Lifan LF7250 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Lifan LF7250 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan LF7250 compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Lifan LF7250 weighs just 140 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 6000 to 7000 rated wattage generators.
- As this generator can emit noise as low as 75 dBA, it finds itself in the average expected noise for this kind of power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 59 dBA.
- Thanks to an impressive running time of around 12 hours at 50% load, the LF7250 benefits from a higher run time than many generators of a similar output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Generac XC6500, as it provides around 14 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.63 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.38 GPH, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 6000-7000W generators, the Lifan LF7250 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Lightweight for its kind (140 lbs)
- High run time
- Acceptable noise (75 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||6500 W|
|Starting watts||7250 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||54.2/27.1 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||60.4/30.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle |
1x 5V USB port
|Fuel tank||Steel, 7.5 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||25.5 x 19.3 x 19.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||75 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan LF7250 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.