Zoom on the Lifan LF7250
In summary, the Lifan LF7250 is a compact portable generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners who want to ensure that their business is fully self-contained and does not rely on potentially unreliable external power
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
Power & Run Time
The Lifan LF7250's engine, 389 cc (13 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 6500W and reaches a peak wattage of 7250W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 75 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a shower). Its starting mechanism is based on a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The LF7250 can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.63 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 7.5 gallons.
The control panel provides the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 2 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease and a 5V USB port allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
This Lifan generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready. Besides, as the LF7250 holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
The Lifan LF7250 has the following dimensions: L25.5 x W19.3 x H19.3 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 140 lbs. However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its wheel kit and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
A lift hook located on the top of the frame offers an additional safety feature while facilitating the transport, loading and unloading of the generator.
To help you monitor the LF7250's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Besides the usual set of documentation and owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, Lifan also included a tool kit in the LF7250's packaging.
The Lifan LF7250 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Lifan LF7250 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan LF7250 compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- As for its weight, the Lifan LF7250 weighs only 140 pounds, making it one of the lighter generators in the 6000-7000 rated wattage category. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, with a dry weight of just 133 pounds.
- Since the generator's noise is rated at 75 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Powerhorse 7500i with only 55 dBA.
- Since the LF7250 boasts with a run time of around 12 hours at 50% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most generators of a comparable output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Generac XC6500, boasting with around 14 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.63 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, with a fuel consumption of 0.38 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 6000-7000W generators, the Lifan LF7250 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- GFCI Outlets
- Lightweight for its kind (140 lbs)
- High run time
- Acceptable noise (75 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||6500 W|
|Starting watts||7250 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||54.2/27.1 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||60.4/30.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle |
1x 5V USB port
|Fuel tank||Steel, 7.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||25.5 x 19.3 x 19.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||75 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan LF7250 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||5192 W||6192 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||5195 W||5785 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||4540 W||7240 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.