Zoom on the Lifan LF7250
In a nutshell, the Lifan LF7250 is a compact portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners who want to ensure that their business is fully self-contained and does not rely on potentially unreliable external power
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
Power & Run Time
The Lifan LF7250 is powered by a 389 cc (13 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 6500W as well as a peak wattage of 7250W.
At a noise rating of 75 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a dishwasher), the generator is started via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 7.5 gallons, the LF7250 can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.63 GPH).
The control panel includes the following 6 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 2 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy and a 5V USB port with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
This Lifan generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready. Besides, as it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the LF7250 is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
With its dimensions of L25.5 x W19.3 x H19.3 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Lifan LF7250 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 140 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. However, its challenging mobility is solved by its wheel kit and its folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
The generator comes with an additional safety feature, a lift hook on the top of its frame, which is helpful during its transport, loading and unloading.
To help you monitor the LF7250's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the usual set of documentation and owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, Lifan also included a tool kit in the LF7250's packaging.
The Lifan LF7250 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Lifan LF7250 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan LF7250 compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Lifan LF7250 only weighs in at 140 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 6000-7000 rated wattage range. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, with a dry weight of just 133 pounds.
- Since the generator's noise is rated at 75 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Powerhorse 7500i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 55 dBA.
- Thanks to an impressive running time of around 12 hours at 50% load, the LF7250 benefits from a higher run time than many generators of a similar output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Generac XC6500, reaching around 14 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.63 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.38 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 6000-7000W generators, the Lifan LF7250 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- GFCI Outlets
- Lightweight for its kind (140 lbs)
- High run time
- Acceptable noise (75 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||6500 W|
|Starting watts||7250 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||54.2/27.1 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||60.4/30.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle |
1x 5V USB port
|Fuel tank||Steel, 7.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||25.5 x 19.3 x 19.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||75 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan LF7250 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||5172 W||6647 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||5180 W||5600 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||4540 W||7240 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.