Zoom on the Lifan LF7250
In summary, the Lifan LF7250 is a compact portable generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan LF7250's engine, 389 cc (13 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 6500W and reaches a peak wattage of 7250W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 75 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a dishwasher), this generator gets running thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 7.5 gallons, the LF7250 can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.63 GPH).
The control panel features the following 6 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 2 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries and a 5V USB port with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
This Lifan generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready. Besides, since the LF7250 bears a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it is easily connectible to a breaker box and can power your home in case of a power outage.
The Lifan LF7250 has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L25.5 x W19.3 x H19.3 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 140 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). However, its challenging mobility is solved by its wheel kit and its folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
A lift hook, which is on the top of the frame, serves as an extra safety feature for the transport, unloading and loading of the device.
To help you monitor the LF7250's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
The generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the usual set of documentation and owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, Lifan also included a tool kit in the LF7250's packaging.
The Lifan LF7250 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Lifan LF7250 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan LF7250 compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- Weight-wise, the Lifan LF7250 has only 140 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 6000 to 7000 rated watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, weighing just 133 pounds.
- Because this generator emits noise as low as 75 dBA, it can be considered to have a pretty average expected noise rating for a device of its power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Powerhorse 7500i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 55 dBA.
- Since the LF7250 boasts with a run time of around 12 hours at 50% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most generators of a comparable output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Generac XC6500, boasting with around 14 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. Standing at an estimated 0.63 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, this generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.38 GPH, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is a device you should look out for.
The bottom line
- GFCI Outlets
- Lightweight for its kind (140 lbs)
- High run time
- Acceptable noise (75 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||6500 W|
|Starting watts||7250 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||54.2/27.1 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||60.4/30.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle |
1x 5V USB port
|Fuel tank||Steel, 7.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||25.5 x 19.3 x 19.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||75 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan LF7250 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||5192 W||6192 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||5195 W||5785 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||4540 W||7240 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.