Zoom on the Lifan LF7250
In summary, the Lifan LF7250 is a compact portable generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners and people participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
Power & Run Time
The Lifan LF7250 houses a 389 cc (13 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120/240V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 6500W along with a peak wattage of 7250W.
With a noise rating of 75 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a shower), the generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 7.5 gallons allows the LF7250 to operate for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.63 GPH).
The control panel includes the following 6 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 2 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy and a 5V USB port with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
This Lifan generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, due to the featured twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the LF7250 is transfer switch ready: you may connect it to a breaker box to power your household during a power outage.
With its dimensions of L25.5 x W19.3 x H19.3 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Lifan LF7250 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 140 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Never less, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of a wheel kit and a folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
A lift hook located on the top of the frame offers an additional safety feature while facilitating the transport, loading and unloading of the generator.
The LF7250 and its control panel include a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours. This feature comes handy when monitoring its status and activity.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the usual set of documentation and user manual to get you promptly started, Lifan also included a tool kit in the LF7250's packaging.
The Lifan LF7250 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Lifan LF7250 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan LF7250 compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- As for its weight, the Lifan LF7250 weighs only 140 pounds, making it one of the lighter generators in the 6000-7000 rated wattage category.
- This generator has a somewhat average expected noise for its power range, rated at 75 dBA. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, whose lowest noise levels reach just 59 dBA.
- Since the LF7250 boasts with a run time of 12 hours at 50% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most generators of a comparable output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Pulsar PG7500B, with 13 hours .
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator Standing at an estimated 0.63 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, this generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, with a fuel consumption of 0.38 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 6000-7000W generators, the Lifan LF7250 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Lightweight for its kind (140 lbs)
- High run time
- Acceptable noise (75 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
Where to buy the Lifan LF7250?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||6500 W|
|Starting watts||7250 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||54.2/27.1 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||60.4/30.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle |
1x 5V USB port
|Fuel tank||Steel, 7.5 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||25.5 x 19.3 x 19.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||75 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan LF7250 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.