Zoom on the Lifan LF15000-EPL
In a nutshell, the Lifan LF15000-EPL is a powerful portable generator mostly geared towards professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan LF15000-EPL is powered by a 724 cc (27 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 14000W as well as a peak wattage of 15000W.
The generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism and also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery not included). It is rated for a noise of 75 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a shower).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 14 gallons, the LF15000-EPL can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 1.17 GPH).
The LF15000-EPL generates a clean sine wave: providing <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the following 6 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 3 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease and two 5V USB ports allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
This Lifan generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
The dimensions of the Lifan LF15000-EPL, which are L29 x W27 x H33 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
As the generator's weight is 358 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Nevertheless, thanks to its wheel kit (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
To help you monitor the LF15000-EPL's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Lifan LF15000-EPL's package also includes these accessories: tool kit and battery charger.
The Lifan LF15000-EPL is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Lifan LF15000-EPL versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan LF15000-EPL compare to generators of similar power (between 10000 and 14000 W).
- At a dry weight of 358 pounds, the Lifan LF15000-EPL is one of the heavier devices which can produce between 10000 and 14000 running watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, standing at just 218 lbs.
- With a lowest noise rating of 75 dBA, the generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, whose lowest noise levels reach just 69 dBA.
- Since the LF15000-EPL boasts with a run time of around 12 hours at 50% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most generators of a comparable output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Powerhorse 13000ES, with around 15 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 1.17 GPH at a 50% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.78 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Clean sine wave
- Quiet for its power (75 dBA)
- High run time
- Battery not included
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- On the heavy side (358 lbs)
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||724 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||14000 W|
|Starting watts||15000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||116.7/58.3 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||125/62.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle |
2x 5V USB port
|Fuel tank||14 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||29 x 27 x 33 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||75 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, battery charger, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan LF15000-EPL is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||11192 W||12667 W|
|For work||Electric welder||9000||9000|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||11130 W||13830 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.